SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:16:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Soda Machines in old movies or TV shows? (maybe already been asked about?)  (Read 8465 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 08:38:55 pm »

Lots of different coin-op in the old Twilight Zone episodes.

drinking Tim drinking
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 09:54:54 pm »

Movie "Nell" had a Cavalier 96 in the general store and a couple old gas pumps, one was a Bennett 700 series outside the store.
The Movie "Tucker" there is a Vendo 83 at the gas station when they are showing their promo film to Preston Tucker (KILLER car by the way
wished it would have made production down )

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
kstt
5 Cent Member

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 07:20:16 am »

Eric,

My dad was a Tucker dealer in Princeton, NJ. I have some photos of one of the 50, with dad, in front his dealership. I was never able to find out which one, or even the color (B&W photos).
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2015, 08:39:29 am »

Looks like a 6 case vertical...

The guy reaches into his pocket and puts a make-believe coin into a non-coin operated machine!       Love it....... biggrin

Glen
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2015, 01:33:03 pm »

Eric,

My dad was a Tucker dealer in Princeton, NJ. I have some photos of one of the 50, with dad, in front his dealership. I was never able to find out which one, or even the color (B&W photos).

Would LOVE to see those photos! That is my favorite car.. got to see one years ago when I was in college... there was big car auction in Oklahoma City, they had a blue one... people where
walking all around it... one guy opened the driver's door so I thought this is my chance so I climbed in at sat inside... number 10 just sold a little over a year ago after sitting in a shed for the
past 40 years...

OK.. back to the original post...

Eric

WANTED:
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2015, 03:31:56 pm »

Would LOVE to see those photos! That is my favorite car.. got to see one years ago when I was in college... there was big car auction in Oklahoma City, they had a blue one... people where
walking all around it... one guy opened the driver's door so I thought this is my chance so I climbed in at sat inside... number 10 just sold a little over a year ago after sitting in a shed for the
past 40 years...

OK.. back to the original post...

Back in the mid-80's, shortly after I graduated from the University of Michigan, I happened upon a meeting of the Tucker Club in Ann Arbor.  My dad was a big fan of that car as well and he just happened to be with me.  We got to see 8 Tuckers in the same place!  One of the owners was nice enough to take us over just about every detail of his car.  That vehicle had a lot of forward thinking features and was ahead of it's time.  No wonder the Big 3 did what they could to crush it.

I wish I would have had a camera with me that day because I probably will never have the opportunity to see that many in one place again.

drinking Tim drinking
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2015, 05:35:37 pm »

The closest I'll get to owning a car like that is if I could get my 1950 Studebaker up and running and put a headlight in the bullet nose. smile
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 12:08:02 pm by Eric » Logged

Eric

WANTED:
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 10:31:52 am »

Just watched a nice little movie last night through Netflix, "The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio" , based on a true story...
there's a scene where the mom buys a soda for her daughter from a weathered generic VMC Dr. Pepper 81 - Good Movie.

Eric

WANTED:
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 10:53:23 am »

Now I remember seeing that movie.....but I missed the 81  darn

http://www.moviefone.com/movie/the-prize-winner-of-defiance-ohio/22683/trailers?flv=1

The attention given to 1950's background scenes is what makes this whole movie so interesting.  I agree with Eric, most people on this site will enjoy it.

Glen
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 11:51:59 am »

that film passed me by. Will have to see if i can find a full version..
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: