SMC Discussion Areas
April 20, 2024, 03:36:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Glasco 50 Slider legs  (Read 3006 times)
00Dawg
« on: May 23, 2015, 04:57:18 pm »

Any of you guys have experience removing the original legs and replacing with the swivel casters from Fun-Tronics?
3 of the original legs survived on mine (the 4th was broken off before my time), but they are rusted everywhere that counts, and I can't tell if the painted raised piece inside the frame is permanently attached or not.  Attempting to unscrew one leg resulted in a sheared bolt.
I've got the drill handy to do this the hard way if some Liquid Wrench doesn't help, but I'm already wondering if the casters will fit the holes...looks the original legs were threaded at 3/8, and the caster is 7/16.  Mark I Eyeball says it'll be a problem, too.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 06:10:12 pm »

3/8 is pretty common.  If you have some stubborn existing threads you can try heating them up and than trying to knock them free.  If you are unsuccessful you can usually take out the nature thread.  

Funtronics carries both the threaded inserts which can be spot welded back in place and than just simply reinstall the casters of your choice!!!

Here is in old thread when I replaced both the inserts and the legs on a Vendo 56.

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,16896.0.html

Jared
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 06:12:18 pm by Slapshot42 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: