SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:12:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It Pays to go Garage Saleing!!!  (Read 8891 times)
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 05:19:17 pm »

I know around here Cav 64 and Vendo 63s are getting harder to find at bargain prices. 

Pick up the large or junky working glass door machines, save the compressors and bezels, then recycle the cabinet.

Your best find may be a nice original with a bad compressor.   happydrinkers

Glen
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 06:45:34 pm »

Congrats

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2015, 08:25:24 am »

I'm seeing the restoration Market change just a bit.. I get quote requests pretty much daily from anything from a Vendo 81, 110 to many square tops.

as many other restorers know it takes just about the same amount and work and money to restore a ST vs a RT.. which is not cheap.

so I have been quoting restorations on ST for quote a while and just lately people are saying ok that sounds good...

so I figure we are going to see the request for more of these 60's era machines pickup.. I have done 3 so far and figured if I can buy up a few for "inventory" why not.

we'll see...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2015, 10:48:10 am »

I'm seeing the restoration Market change just a bit.. I get quote requests pretty much daily from anything from a Vendo 81, 110 to many square tops.

as many other restorers know it takes just about the same amount and work and money to restore a ST vs a RT.. which is not cheap.

so I have been quoting restorations on ST for quote a while and just lately people are saying ok that sounds good...

so I figure we are going to see the request for more of these 60's era machines pickup.. I have done 3 so far and figured if I can buy up a few for "inventory" why not.

we'll see...

I could not agree more!  This is also why our suppliers started investing in the production of door liners and other square top parts. Changes are comming......

Glen
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 11:11:52 am »

I agree with John and Glen  that  squaretops will start being more desirable in the next few years.
Same hing being seen in the classic/muscle car market.

The muscle cars of the 60's sometimes go for north of $50k, I gave up on finding a Tri-Five Chevy I could afford. And now I am seeing the 70's  Detroit Iron being desirable. And for the moment, affordable . !0 years ago, you couldn't give them a away

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2015, 11:16:43 am »

I'm betting a lot of people who just want "an old Coke machine" are in my age demographic - mid 40's or so - and want a machine that they might remember from their childhood.   I was born in the late 60's so square-top machines are pretty much all I remember "in the wild" as a kid.  My first machine was a CS-96 because I remember the gas station across the street had one and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.  When I got to a point in my life where I could afford to have a little "play money" I decided to get one.

Of course - I had to go and get all obsessive about it and couldn't stop at just one... but that's my problem.   smile

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Ben
5 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2015, 11:53:34 am »

Exactly!  I remember the coke machine at the country store up the road.  It may have been a cavalier, because I remember trying to keep the bottle gate open to get another coke (Dr Pepper.. everything was a coke). It didn't work, but those are the machines of my childhood.  Again, the cav 64 and vendo 63 are sharp looking machines to me.  Has to be pre-wood grain though....
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: