SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 03:49:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picked up this Quikold?? cooler today  (Read 3631 times)
Ben
5 Cent Member

« on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:47 pm »

I picked up this cooler that I know nothing about, but I liked the look of it. Eric identified it as a Quikold 700. I like it as is, even with the graphics faded, but it would also look really sharp restored.  It has minor surface rust, but the owner sprayed the inside with a rubber coating. He said the rust wasn't bad, it just didn't look clean. So, I'm not sure what I will do with that.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 10:07:58 pm »

Great Find Ben!
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2015, 10:28:22 pm »

Sweet! Glad you got it... I'm sure there are cleaners that could strip the rubber coating out if you wanted to..
Clean it up and use it as is for now... And if you decide to restore it you have the option to restore it to any brand
since it isn't embossed... So many killer brands and logos out there... small brands like Grapico, O-So, Squirt, endless possibilities.
Nice pick up! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 05:46:16 am »

Congrats on the pickup, it's got a cool look the way the base is worn like that, that's a fun one to break out for family barbecues

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Jared
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 09:15:50 pm »

congrats nice cooler
Ben
5 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 10:24:05 pm »

Thanks,
There's even a back story to the cooler. The owner's grandfather owned a general store in Taylor Texas (farming community). The owner's father remembers the cooler being there when he was growing up. The father kept it after the store closed and eventually gave it to his son.  The son said it had been in the garage for a long time, so he decided it was time to let it go... I'm not sure I could have let go of something that had been in the family that long.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 07:40:47 am »

That's cool to know where it originated from.. of all the machines I've owned only 2 have had stories like that.
I still can't believe the cap catcher has hung on all these years those are usually missing. Gotta own at least one
cooler... just throw in ice and use... no motor or anything to worry about.

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 09:02:03 am »

Congrats!

Great looking cooler!  Enjoy it!   happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 05:14:43 pm »

That's an awesome pickup, these are really great looking coolers in my mind.  I love that the legs were punched out, then they used that piece as the bottom of the frame.  And as it was said before, so many possibilities if you decide to restore it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: