SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 06:15:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Water Pooling CSS 8 64, Condensation Issue? Help!  (Read 3364 times)
chuggybear

« on: March 19, 2015, 07:53:27 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I have recently had some trouble with my CSS 8 64 Cavalier Coke Machine.  It had been running fine for the 2 months that I have owned it up until last week.  A few days ago, I opened up my machine and found a pool of water sitting in the bottom of the refrigerated section of the machine.  The drip pan under the machine was also full.  The compressor was still running as normal and shutting off when appropriate.  However, there was also a layer of ice underneath the evaporator where the pool of water was.  So I cleaned it all up, shut the machine off for a day and left the door open to let everything dry out.  After that, I turned it back on, and a day later, the exact same problem again.  I cleaned it back up and this time turned the thermostat so that it wouldn't get as cold.  It seems as if a ton of condensation is in the machine.  The glass door constantly has condensation inside the glass panels.  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?  The weather has been crazy here lately, with temperature shifts from 32 to 75 back to 50, but the machine stays in my garage.  It is not conditioned but enclosed almost all the time.  After reading here on the forum, I thought it might be a gasket leak?  If so, where can I purchase the material to replace the seal?  Also, I took some pictures showing the issues that I am having.  One picture is from the side of the machine and it shows that when the machine is completely locked, the bumper on the door is not flush to the machine.  Is there anyway to make the door latch any tighter?  

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Attached are the photos!

Thanks,

John
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:09:09 pm by chuggybear » Logged
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 09:55:46 pm »

Is the upper fan motor blowing strong?

Glen
chuggybear

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 10:13:58 pm »

I believe it is. How can I tell if it is blowing strong or just blowing? And the upper fan motor is the one inside the refrigerated section, correct?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: