SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:38:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC 33 PEPSI  (Read 7124 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: March 14, 2015, 04:18:25 pm »

Well, I couldn't turn down a chance to buy a BEAUTIFULY restored Pepsi 33 for less than the cost of what a full resto would cost.
This machine is FLAWLESS.  It actually exceeded my expectations when I saw the machine, as usually there is always that one nick or scratch that Aunt Lisa puts on it a the Christmas party or something.... but this machine looks like it came off the factory floor.  The insides are perfect, as the outside.

The seller bought a Jukebox from a guy who was thinning out his collection.  In order to get the Juke at a lower price, he had to take the Pepsi as well (package deal)  He wanted the Juke bad... so he ended up coming home with the Pepsi machine... and 2 factors helped me out... 1. He is not a machine collector at all, and 2. His wife wanted the machine OUT of the house.  In comes Ed to the rescue! lol

The sad part of this story is I had to sell my original Pepsi 33, as that is the deal I now have with the wife.... one machine in, one machine out  glare  Not sure how long I will keep that end of the deal lol
But the Pepsi that I sold today was a solid 8 original machine.  The buyer said he might restore it, I told him not to, to wait to find one in need of a resto, then restore that one and sell this one.  I even told him in not so many words, that I wouldn't sell him the machine if he was going to restore it... that's how nice of an original it was.

I have seller remorse now that he's gone... but that goes away pretty quickly when I look at the restored 33 now sitting in the man cave  smile

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 04:36:00 pm »

Looks good Ed. I've never been a fan of the two tone 33 as I think the machine is too short for 2 colors but that one looks good. As nice as original machines are and I like them a lot, whenever a restored machine is sitting next to it or if you have a chance to pick up a nicely restored machine it's hard to turn down because so much works goes into a properly restored machine that when you can get a good deal on one I agree, grab it!

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2015, 04:43:08 pm »

nice one, I really like the pepsi 33's, congrats!

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2015, 04:50:20 pm »

Good looking machine Ed - congrats!

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2015, 04:58:31 pm »

Looks good Ed. I've never been a fan of the two tone 33 as I think the machine is too short for 2 colors but that one looks good. As nice as original machines are and I like them a lot, whenever a restored machine is sitting next to it or if you have a chance to pick up a nicely restored machine it's hard to turn down because so much works goes into a properly restored machine that when you can get a good deal on one I agree, grab it!

I must admit that I too am not a fan of the 2 tone... on any machine really, but I do agree too that when I had this one next to the original one, with a few nicks here and there, well, one is a nice ol girl, while the other is simply a piece of art.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2015, 05:22:22 pm »

Yes but some girls are a piece of art, then what?

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C