SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 01:54:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 81D San Fransico $1700  (Read 8108 times)
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 12:25:10 am »

Could you guys handle you differences through PM's!

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2015, 06:56:34 am »

Capital idea Jared, hope the advise is followed.
I've read this exchange several times.
Don't see anything here that adds to the boards searchable knowledge base.
Folks find this site looking for information. Shows a bad face when these type of posts surface.
Carry on,
Creighton

davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2015, 08:17:23 am »

Just my couple of pennies worth... I always look forward to looking at finds people have found and put on here. Even if there is no chance of buying it. I think its great that we are all looking out for each other. Someone sent me a PM recently of a machine they had found here in the UK on a search.

What has to be kept in mind is that we are all chasing the same thing and if you intend buying the item yourself you should really have the deal done and the machine on your car ready to go before you stick it here. Particularly on an open forum read by anyone, even non members. Sellers can be greedy and will often renade on a deal if they are going to get a few dollars more from someone else.

So by all means post things that are too far away or too expensive or just of no interest to you so that others get the opportunity but keep anything you want for yourself close to your chest or use the soda jerks section.  That way everyone is happy and we can all rejoice in your new purchase.

Dave 
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 09:34:27 am »

I have no idea what your talking about!

I never talked to MoonDawg.

You can ask him.

CLARIFICATION:  Assume = ASS U ME........"make an ass of you and me"  biggrin

Yes Bill called me and told me his well planned purchase turned sour when the seller insisted on cash at pickup only.
Rather than letting the machine go, he offered the deal to me but at the same time the seller re-listed it on C/L.
It is still 5 hours from me, but last year this time I would have made the effort.
Now I have 3 of these in stock so I suggested he contact Victor since it is in his backyard.
But knowing Victor searches his local C/L like we all do, there would be no need for us to also contact him.
I told Bill that it would be a wonderful thing if he were to pass this on to others as someone may have a better connection.

I agree with Dave, the fun on this site is following some private leads and I hope this can continue with no assumptions. Thanks for sharing Bill!  happydrinkers

Glen
GreenMo
25 Cent Member

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 09:58:54 am »

I've learned that for some on this site it's a hobby and for others it's is a serious business.   I understand why tensions can be high.
Chris
25 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2015, 12:13:30 pm »

What has to be kept in mind is that we are all chasing the same thing and if you intend buying the item yourself you should really have the deal done and the machine on your car ready to go before you stick it here. Particularly on an open forum read by anyone, even non members. Sellers can be greedy and will often renade on a deal if they are going to get a few dollars more from someone else.

Dave you could not be more right. The first post was stated as if someone wanted it then it was avail. If you are working on a deal, get that deal done then post it for us to offer our congrats. There have been many threads posted like this and I don't get it. We are all here for the survival of this hobby not to fight about it. We all want to see these item survive and educate people about them. This thread I feel should be closed or even deleted.

My opinion only........

Chris

Chris

Vendo 23A
Vendo 80(Red/White Original)
Vendo 80(All Red Original)
Seeburg JL (Original)
Watling Penny Scale (Restored)
Stoner Jr
Stoner 180
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print