SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 12:49:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Road trip for VMC 81 Royal Crowm  (Read 8011 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« on: March 02, 2015, 08:47:52 am »

Wow what an awsome trip. I would like to thank a member on here for the tip on the RC 81 and thank Curtis for making an 8 hour last minute trip to pick it up for me. And thanks Curtis for picking up the other machines for me. Also picked up an awsome slot machine and RC dispenser from Larry while out there. I will post pictures of the dispenser tommorrow. It was a great trip out to Curtis's to pick this all up, but was a real white knuckle trip on the way home Sunday with all the ice and snow. The Coke six case vertical is a really nice all original machine. Almost too nice to restore. The Cavalier 96 is also a really nice all original machine, but is going to get restored. The cookie machine I have plans for thanks to Curtis helping out on it with one of his ideas. The slot machine I'm thinking about keeping it. I have always wanted an old nice slot machine. The RC 81 is a nice surviver that the guy I bought it from bought it out of a church for $200.00 and turne around and sold it to me for $$$$$$$ money. Anyway it was nice to finally get one bought. I won't mention which member gave me the tip on this as they may not want me too, but if they do they can chime in on this thread. I would really like to thank them.  happydrinkers

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 08:48:41 am »

More pictures...

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 09:15:18 am »

Wow.. Nice haul... Glad you made it safe with all the weather...Will look forward in seeing the restoration of the RC and Cookie machine...
Great Team work here! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
sodahunter
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 09:17:06 am »

Wow....what a haul. Congrats on the RC-81, amazing it was pulled out of a church basement for short money.  Is the white a re-paint? or did RC paint some of their machines this way....maybe the white machines came before or after the yellow machines.
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 09:32:13 am »

It had been repainted white at some point in it's life.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 10:29:22 am »

Great score Rod. Assuming that is the original coin door on the RC, wonder why it was not painted the new color too?

The story of the find will be exiting as well: Member locates RC 81, puts out the word, Rod calls Curtis, Curtis drops everything, travels all night and gets his hands on it..............a mere 10 hours after ad is posted!    biggrin
        Good job guys.

but was a real white knuckle trip on the way home Sunday with all the ice and snow.

Here in California, all we see of your area are the TV news clips of spinouts and crashes.
Two tall machines strapped to that 81 carried upright in the back of an open pickup, is going to give me nightmares.

Glen
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 10:34:21 am »

AWESOME!!!

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 10:55:35 am »

It was great having Rod in for a few days, I don't get much time to relax and chill, in fact I fell asleep at Larry Garland/Flash and trash antique amusements....He just had to buy a new  power leather couch that reclines dam near into a bed...lol
memorylane
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 10:57:07 am »

More
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 11:07:38 am »

Can't wait to see that RC 81 all restored. Great stuff

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: