SMC Discussion Areas
May 02, 2024, 06:11:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Odds and ends  (Read 18025 times)
glassbottlesrule
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 07:16:23 pm »

Moondawg,
I need shelfs for a square-corner110.  They are 22 inches long.
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2005, 08:09:52 pm »

Justin,
I found the V90 door.  It's in very good shape with just some surface rust at one end.  Very solid.  No hinges on it, though.  Here it is:

It's yours if you want it.  No charge just pay shipping.  Let me know and I'll hunt around for a box that will work.

Hope this helps.

Bob
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2005, 08:37:24 pm »

Bob, let me know what the shipping cost is and your address and i will be more than happy to send a check or money order.  I have been looking for this door for years!!!!!!!!!!.  Thank all of you for your knowledge and insight.  I will hopefully post pictures of both machines for all to see.  The vendo is in original condition, a little rough but very pretty to me.

another thought.  How about a location to post spare parts, kinda like a vitual swap meet?
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2005, 10:07:01 pm »

Brian -
Bryan,
Could you post a picture of the correct change assembly you are talking about? I'm just curious and am pretty handy at electrical solutions.

I think my main problem is going to be mechanical.  The machine already has a pigtail coming out of the Jones plug junction box (same place where the light pigtail comes out).  Here's the mechanical socket...  Looks like two bulbs. Each with a socket that is 7/8" to 15/16" in diameter with two keying notches.

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
vendobaldtops
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2005, 10:36:44 pm »

VMC,

I have the script if you need it...no prob.  If you say my recent Grapette posting, and as Kiti made note of, my work station is not the most organized.  However, that being said, I did not throw it away....I am going to the War Room this weekend and will not surface until I find it.
vendobaldtops
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2005, 10:37:56 pm »

Sorry, I can't type tonight...
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2005, 01:59:47 am »

Quote (MoonDawg @ Mar. 10 2005,4:25)
No 56 door but 2 56 bottle stacks ans 2 C-64 stacks.
I have shelves that I don't know what they're for. What is the overall length you need?

LunarCanine,
How much for the bottle stack? Is it complete?
I will look into the shelf overall length.
Thanks so much!
BrianB
Soda Jerks

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2005, 07:33:23 am »

Bryan,

Thank's for the picture. The bulbs you will need should not be rated 115VAC, Candelabra base E12 (Typically an appliance bulb) as long as it doesn't exceed a maximum wattage of around 6, you should be fine. Anything higher and you risk melting stuff!!

Now, depending on the size of the locking tab notches for your bulb base's, they sell that style of base (Double Snap-In Spring Clip Candelabra Base Lampholder) at lowes for about $2.70 ea. They don't come with spade connectors, but when you run your lines (should be two seperate runs of (2) wires ea.) you should crimp/solder on some female spade connectors, strip the wire back about 3/16" (14 or 16 gauge wire, I assume) and crimp/solder away!. For the new bases, they don't come with any connectors either, cut the wires back to the desired length and repeat the steps listed for the female connectors only this time using male connectors!

If you want to make the job look "clean" purchase a foot or a baggie of 1/4" or 5/16" heat shrink tubing (also available at Lowes) and cut (Cool 1" peices and slide those on before crimping/soldering on your new connectors. If you don't have a heat gun, a hair dryer will do nicely.

Or.....Somebody here might have a set of those for El' cheapo that could garner! But all in all, for bulbs (2), bases (2), Male 16 or 14 GA connectors (4), Female 16 or 14 GA connectors (4) and some heat shrink you should be looking at somewhere around $10. Keep in mind, if you order these from a vintage soda pop machine parts supplier, you'll still have to do the same moddifications to the wire/connectors! Here's a picture of the bulb base:

Brian
Bob K
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2005, 08:11:29 am »

Sure thing, Justin.  It may take a bit to find a box that will work.
You can email me your shipping address to: keenan58@aol.com

Glad I could help.  By the way, I meant H90, not V90, in the above post.

Bob
BryanH
Soda Jerks

Sweatin' in Arizona... but it's a dry heat!

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2005, 02:29:31 pm »

Jim - I like Justin's idea on adding a swap (or even a parts wanted and for sale) discussion area.  Is that something you'd be willing to setup or should it go in one of the existing discussion areas?

Thanks, Bryan
   Cavalier USS-96: unrestored, working on the back patio
   CV VUB/C 8-91: a fantasy restoration?
   GE Cooler: in pieces, my next project
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: