SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:18:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 Finds  (Read 2089 times)
emptynet

« on: December 28, 2014, 11:18:51 am »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I am new to the site but, I have been reading it daily trying to learn as much as possible about collecting. ( and it looks like I came to the right place)

My best pick for 2014!

I found a Coca Cola listing on Craigslist back in the spring and I cleaned out the guys basement of Coca Cola items. For a first timer it was quite an expense therefore, I had to sell some of the good stuff right away. I would not use the word regret but, I have learned a great deal since then. I have made several rookie mistakes over the past few months and I am sure that I will make more but, I also now have a lot of very cool stuff in the man cave.

One of the items that I picked up in the deal was a  Coca Cola Dole Super (Outboard) Dispenser. It was in rough shape as noted in the photos therefore, I decided to have it refurbished and I just got it back this past weekend so I wanted to share it with everyone.

I have found and read a few discussions here related to the Dole Dispenser and I am thinking about reaching out to those members for some advice (rather I should say education) on the item.

I know there is a great deal of debate on whether or not one should refurbish an item or keep it in its original state. Well being the "Newbie" I chose to have the work done and I just love how it came out. I am currently working on how and where to display it and this may be my biggest challenge as I keep changing my mind.

Over the next few days or weeks I hope to post and discuss some of the other very cool items that I got in the deal

I look forward to 2015 and to the thrill of the hunt
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 11:39:22 am by emptynet » Logged
emptynet

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 12:08:47 pm »

As you can probably tell, I am also learning how to resize and post photos
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:13:55 pm by emptynet » Logged
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 02:51:50 pm »

Welcome to the site! Wow, it came out great. It really jumps. Keep up the great work and happy collecting. Please keep us posted on everything you pick up.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C