SMC Discussion Areas
July 04, 2024, 12:05:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pair of coolers  (Read 5488 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« on: October 13, 2014, 07:58:32 pm »

Well...... So much for me being retired.... maybe I'll say I'm retired from machines,...... for now.

I first want to say a big thanks to two members for the help, and for the sale of these coolers..... (in no particular order)

1. FIRE708  (Darrell) for the Pepsi cooler.  This cooler was listed on Ebay that didn't meet the reserve, and was listed locally on CL.  I contacted the seller after the Ebay listing and made a deal.  The seller didn't want to help with shipping.  So I posted here if anyone is in the area of Seattle, and FIRE708 replied that he can help. (Just wanted to say thanks also to SLAPSHOT42 (Jared) as he too offered, but I already had Darrell with the wheels in motion)  Darrell actually took a Ferry and time out of his day to pick up the cooler, place it on a skid, secure and wrap the cooler as if he was crating a million dollar museum pc (meaning he packed it SOOO well) and then brought it to his local FedEx Freight and shipped it to me.

2.  Slider-Bob for the Nesbitts.  Bob had the cooler and offered it to me for sale and I couldn't say yes fast enough!  I picked it up from him this weekend.  It's always nice to meet fellow members and to see their collections.... and just to confirm it... the name SLIDER is a true representation of Bob... I don't think I will ever see that many sliders in one place again  smile

So thanks for this board, Darrell and Bob for these two great coolers.  (and to Eric for replying to my many questions of these great little coolers)
My plan for them both is to strip them down and dip them to take off the paint etc... and off to paint.

The Pepsi I plan on the same colours (red lid and base, yellow body)  The original signs will be kept with dings and scratches as original)
The Nesbitts will be Black top and bottom with White lettering and Orange body.  No decals.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:13:34 pm »

Those found a good home... Gonna be killer when restored.
We're gonna need to see the line up when done! Congrats! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 09:14:21 pm »

Very nice. You can't retire, that's for old people.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 09:33:54 pm »

Very nice, really like the colors on that Pepsi cooler, I have never seen one with that combo before.  Almost makes me want to restore one of my Pepsi Progress coolers in that theme...

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:39:25 pm »

I just don't think I could bring myself to restore that DD Pepsi cooler......it's nice!

Glen
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 09:59:51 pm »

The cooler looks better on the pic than in real life.... might take a pic of the other side (inside) that shows a LOT of rust, too much to bring in the house.
Because it's not embossed, and since I plan on keeping the signs original (I think a good cleaning / buffing will help) I can keep the original heart of the machine, while just restoring the shell.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 06:07:06 am »

Congrats man! I told you when u got that pepsi cooler that you couldn't stop at just one, that nesbitt's is going to be killer

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 09:02:35 am »

great score indeed... love those off brands tooo, just no room to keep em all..

can't wait to see progress on them Ed.. thanks for sharing.

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 05:40:57 pm »

It was great meeting you too Ed!

You have such an awesome collection, we should all help you find every Quikold ever made!  And then every slider!

Can't wait to see how nice these turn out once they get restored.  Keep the pics coming!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 09:52:15 pm »

Love the nesbitts.

Tim
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: