SMC Discussion Areas
April 24, 2024, 06:21:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will not dispense  (Read 8633 times)
Corn-E-Canuck

« on: October 02, 2014, 01:35:04 pm »

Newbie here, I enjoy reading about my new found hobby. Wealth of information here, unfortunately I picked a machine that doesn’t seem too popular. A Cornelius model #47-9011. Pictured below;
I have gone through setting up the free vend (coin mechanism missing) option that I found here on the site (thanks). Compressor seems to function but not cooling, was told it just needs Freon, we’ll see.
Other than to say hi to everyone, I do have a challenge with regards to being able to vend a drink. I was informed that the previous owner dispensed both bottles and cans. The charts/diagrams pasted on the inside of the door also indicate that ability.
Well I have tried both to no avail. There is real inconsistency during that process. Sometimes one will come out, sometimes two, then one or none, then jam – then I quickly unplug the wires to that column – clear out drink obstruction and plug it back in. I have to believe something is not set up properly with regards to spacing/actuators? I was surprised there are no real YouTube videos available thru the internet showing what actually happens when the cycle is initiated and the drink is dispensed.
With no actual operating manual specific to this machine that might help me insure proper setup I am at a real loss. I have read countless threads here trying to figure out if there is a machine (that’s popular with manual available) that has the same/similar mechanical design that I could at least plagiarize from.  Lacrosse seems to be close, but the inside is not visible anywhere I can find.
I appreciate in advance any help I might find here.
Corn-E-Canuck
Kevin Brown
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 05:31:28 pm »

Welcome to the Forum Kevin.
Not many of those to start with and very few left. Not to worry. Stacks need to be set can or bottle. Can't mix the two on the same stack. There may be a trip rely that if the stack does not have x amount of product will not vend.

First thing I would do is take a bunch of pictures and then clean everything. A multi-meter will be a big help in sorting bad switches, dead shorts in the wiring harness etc.

Cooling system: You should have a fan that runs 24/7 and one that kicks in with the compressor. This all works best when the machine is full of product. Take a look at the thermostat for the compressor. If dirty/burnt connections that may be the problem.
Any questions just ask.
Creighton

Corn-E-Canuck

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 08:40:19 am »

FYI – I went thru trying to dispense with bottles/cans separately.
Pictures below depicting;
Actuator mechanism – rotates paddle ¼ turn each dispense
chute with paddle and metal rod (at 1st position)
2nd position
3rd position
4th position
and an attempt at taking a picture from the top down
I have gone through all electrical and deem all functional.
I have come to the conclusion that the dispensing is related to
the settings relating to the width of the channel.
The instructions/application listed on the door state 12oz or 10oz
Cans/bottles can be dispensed.
All your comments and suggestions are appreciated.
KEV
Corn-E-Canuck

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 08:42:01 am »

last two pics
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 10:25:39 am »

The operation is similar to the Vendo 80 and others. You may have only a cleaning issue.
       Tape all the empty flappers down so it will coniuosly vend.
       Then place one or 2 bottles in each stack and start vending until you see the problem.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: