SMC Discussion Areas
June 24, 2024, 07:19:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED 1948-53 Chevrolet Tailgate.. I know, not soda related but have to ask  (Read 3404 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« on: September 23, 2014, 02:58:00 pm »

I'm restoring a 1948 Chevy Truck and figured I should spread the word, cause just like me, I know all of you guys/gals are out there scrounging through stuff looking for soda machines, we all run into different items.. And I know there are quite a few old car guys out there.

I'm doing a "Rat Rod" type of restoration on a 48 chevy 1/2 ton... keep the old original body , faded paint, rust and bullet holes, but mechanically redoing the engine, brakes and whole drivetrain... Keeping it an old Truck.

I'm missing a decent matching tailgate for it ... its' that old Chevy Green and looking for something that would match the patina to this truck.. ideally have 80% of old paint on it, rust and dents ok,, just want to be able to attach it... not looking to spend a lot on it but show me what you may have or can find and we'll go from there.

I've attached a photo of the truck as it sits to give an idea on the current color/patina... that i'm trying to match.. it's a pretty common Green chevy color and looking for something close...  I'd appreciate any leads anyone can give.

Thanks
John

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 04:03:15 pm »

I'll keep my eyes open, I hit a few auto shows a year, one coming up in Oct here in NC

I did a quick search near you, maybe try this guy: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/pts/4666622095.html

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:06:44 pm »

want this one?

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 08:28:16 am »

Glen,..

that might work... as I want old rusty and green..
PM with what you need for it.

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 09:43:56 am »

cause just like me, I know all of you guys/gals are out there scrounging through stuff looking for soda machines, we all run into different items....

biggrin

A few weeks ago I found an 81D on Craigslist at a very reasonal price.
      I met the guy at his office and followed him up to a very nice gated home in the hills above Los Angeles.
      This 4 bdrm house sat on the hill above the horse stables and barn containing an 81 that was stored there since 1982.
      After I loaded the machine the guy said "take anything else you want....developers are going to demolish these buildings next week to make room for condo's."   darn    I just couldn't let them junk this piece of history.

Too bad about the bottom lip of this tailgate, it's pretty crispy but it still has the sockets intact for mounting.
      I'll sell it to you at my cost.  laugh

Edit : This may be pre-1948
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 10:13:25 am by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:57:32 am »

Glen, I'll measure it up to see.
I do think it may be an older version, but will check... I still like it .. so pm what you need for shipping and I'll take it for sure ...

Thanks
JOhn

cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:11 am »

John are you still looking for the tail gate? I may have one need a few days to check. let me know
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: