SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 10:05:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats your bid on this mystery 81D?  (Read 24708 times)
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »

So... did you buy it??

B.

Not yet.  I was convinced I lost out on it until two days ago.  I am dealing with an unmotivated seller when it comes to this piece.  He fell off the radar for weeks and the deal was off as far as I was concerned.   This week I was able to reconnect with him and he said he was going to think about my offer.  I got an email a few days later saying it's a deal.  Am I buying a house or an 81D? 
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2014, 04:33:10 pm »

I go get it tomorrow.  I need to think on my feet pretty quick if I start seeing missing parts or anything else funky.  I am thinking coin mech, cooling unit, bottle stack-shelves as what I'm looking for first.  I'll try not to sweat the little stuff.  The price should end up being sub 2K ( after talking to the owner about price) so I'm not looking for perfection by any means.

Oh and about how we are getting it down from that high shelf.......?  Ya that wall behind the coke machine is not a wall at all. It's a door.  So I guess we will just use the door and wheel it out on a hand truck.    glare
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2014, 04:43:09 pm »

Be careful and good luck... We'll be waiting for the pics! happydrinkers

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2014, 05:19:17 pm »

Good luck !

MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2014, 05:30:08 pm »

It's a door.  So I guess we will just use the door and wheel it out on a hand truck.    glare

LOL biggrin We were all waiting for something else.  biggrin

I wouldn't be sweating anything. If you get it home and have second thoughts......................
       someone here will buy it from you.

Glen
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2014, 06:48:40 pm »

did you pick it up??

Vendo 81
Vendo 39
Pepsi VMC 81
Ideal Slider
Glasco Slider
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 01:14:04 pm »

I passed.  It was a different machine once I could get a good look at it.  A lot of bodywork and body filler and missing parts.  Coin mech was missing accepter and the rest of the mech was heavily painted.  The bottle door was just a skin and it was heavily corroded.  No frame or door glass.  A piece of plate glass was cut and glued in for display purposes.  The liner was cut open from the inside so the owner could push out a dent etc.  I still made him an offer on it though, but he was non negotiable so I moved on.
Glad I did though because an 81B popped up on CL the very next day.  It was just hours old when I saw the listing and it was local.  I grabbed it.  It looks all original.  Still needs a restoration of course and it has its issues for sure, but I feel much better about this one because I can see the actual condition.  It seems fairly solid.  It has a small rust hole on the back in the usual spot, but it looks like early stage stuff.  Missing shelves  glare.  I can always round those up over time.  has a buckle in the main door from a hit it took on the coin door.  It should straighten out nice with the right body man.  Liner looks good.  Compressor area looks good.  Very little rust there.  Other than the bottle shelves its mostly complete.  Needs a cap catcher, bottle door glass, bottle door light lens.  It should be a good winter project.   
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 01:19:55 pm »

AND you didn't kill yourself getting that other one down... which would have been a feat in itself..

Congrats on your B

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 01:31:52 pm »

Some pics.
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 01:34:33 pm »

More
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print