SMC Discussion Areas
April 30, 2024, 11:06:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Vendo 39 and a Newbie  (Read 34206 times)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2014, 04:32:12 pm »

Great find!  Haul the v81D first!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2014, 05:12:48 pm »

Great deal on both machines.
     The 81 doesn't look like it gets much use! biggrin

Glen
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2014, 05:24:49 pm »

Let's see what the finance commitee has to say about these new developments.  They are all just old coke machines to her.  V63 V39 V81.... all the same.
Oh, and I must confess.  I am a newbie to soda machines and to this forum, but this will not technically be my first.  I have two that I picked up this summer, V63 and a Glasco 50.  I didnt find this message board until later.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 05:31:33 pm by RustyGold » Logged
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2014, 07:07:00 pm »

Ah ha, now the truth comes out;) smile

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2014, 08:02:45 pm »

My wife was very suspect of my collecting machines until I picked up a V-44 for $1200 and doubled my money the next month.  I let her buy a couple things and my collecting hasn't been questioned in a while!

ld26
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2014, 08:12:49 pm »

I made a deal with the wife, any money made flipping machines is cut in half, her half goes into the new kitchen fund, my half goes into more machines, it's worked great

I love quikold coolers
www.quikold.com
Philip S
5 Cent Member

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:23 pm »

A happy wife is a happy life.  Flip one machine, split the profit with her and she will never question you again.  And if you don't continue to invest, well there's no more play $$ for her.  It only took a year for my wife come around and then when I picked up a Vendo 56 for and easy double or triple my $$, she thought it was a cute machine so I got to keep it.
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2014, 10:55:42 pm »

Truth be told (again) If I score that 81, I doubt I could flip it.  It appeals to me too much and based on what I am learning here its a sought after machine that is becoming harder and harder to find. I probably will be kicking myself if I did.  The gas pump on the other hand, gone.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2014, 07:16:00 am »

My suggestion would be to buy both, flip the 39 and give ALL the proceeds to her.
     A properly restored 81 sells for $7K, and value is still climbing.  happydrinkers

Edit: After looking closer at the picture it appears the 81 has not been restored, only painted.
            The embossed Vendo letters were not painted.
            The handle and bezels not chrome or polished.
            Missing the window in the coin entry bezel.
            Missing a screw from the bottle door handle.

The original bottle stack would have been white so it has been switched with an earlier model.
            You should probably expect the inside of the machine to be all original too and always check for evidence of beltline rust / bondo in the rear of all 81's
            But all of the hard work looks to have been done, so with some color sand and buffing, plating etc. it will still turn out very nice.......well worth the asking price.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:10:31 am by MoonDawg » Logged

Glen
RustyGold
10 Cent Member

« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2014, 10:21:35 am »

My suggestion would be to buy both, flip the 39 and give ALL the proceeds to her.
     A properly restored 81 sells for $7K, and value is still climbing.  happydrinkers

Edit: After looking closer at the picture it appears the 81 has not been restored, only painted.
            The embossed Vendo letters were not painted.
            The handle and bezels not chrome or polished.
            Missing the window in the coin entry bezel.
            Missing a screw from the bottle door handle.

The original bottle stack would have been white so it has been switched with an earlier model.
            You should probably expect the inside of the machine to be all original too and always check for evidence of beltline rust / bondo in the rear of all 81's
            But all of the hard work looks to have been done, so with some color sand and buffing, plating etc. it will still turn out very nice.......well worth the asking price.

Great eye!  I was going to ask about the red bottle stack because the pictures I looked up online had the white face plate.  I did see a few with it painted red, so I figured it was correct on this machine.  Just so I understand better, this is a 81D with the large coin door and should have a white bottle stack?
The owners daughter said it has been where it sits in the photo (up high on a shelf) for 25 years.  If this is all true, then any "restoration" work done to it would be considered an old restoration job.  Most 81s I see online (in 2 days research) are simply unrestored, or restored to todays standards with powder coated parts, the shiny stuff is all chrome plated etc.   What were people doing with 81's in the late 1980's or early 90's as far as restoration work?  I ask because this is likely what we are looking at here.

edit- after looking more closely, I'm with you Moondawg.  It looks like it simply had a new paint job.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:38:06 pm by RustyGold » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: