SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 12:01:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 90 Vending Stack Problem  (Read 3418 times)
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« on: July 29, 2014, 11:11:25 pm »

Sharing an issue I've had with my V-90 after a 5+ year restoration that will hopefully help someone in the future.

I totally rebuilt the vending stack, but didn't pay much attention to the three springs that were there, assuming they were all the same.  I ended up having problems with vending which would take 3-4 quarters per drink to vend, thought the solenoid would engage every time.  I finally pulled everything apart and applied a little logic to things and did a manual feel on the strength of each spring.  Three distinct values on each one, strong to light, so I figured they needed to be put in from strongest on bottom to lightest on top, and that worked out great. 

They all looked the exact same, but I had them wrong in the stack which provided too little tension on the bottom and caused the vending cam to jam most of the time.

Just passing along some info, spent the day in the garage learning a lesson, hopefully it'll help someone eventually.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: