SMC Discussion Areas
April 25, 2024, 08:51:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help me with my dole citation  (Read 18162 times)
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2014, 09:04:13 pm »

A couple of updates.  I am working with Ken (kbareit) on the refrigeration.   Stuntpilot I will reach out to you once I take a closer look at my dispenser and review you other link and will let you know if I have any questions.   Also, per Ken's suggestion I did reach out to the Dunhill Company who manufactured these soda fountains on the hope that they might have some information on it.  I exchanged several emails and they were quite responsive.  They reported that they are the same company, but have not manufactured soda fountains in some time and did not know if they would be of help.  After a few more emails and some very nice requests from me for any type info they actually provided me scanned copies of the specs for the what they had on bobtail fountains.  These specs appear to have everything I might need including schematic drawings on the refrigeration system.  I was really quite surprised.  I guess it never hurts to ask.
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 06:33:09 am »

Yes, you need to have that fitting with the rubber insert. It seals itself to the tube that protrudes from the bottom inside the fitting. Without it the fitting will leak.

You do need the 1/2" fitting that I had Ryan buy also to connect to that fitting, the rubber seals that end and no washer is needed.

I'm not really familiar with the cooling systems of old soda fountains but I do have some old literature that my father kept but all those are for Bastain Blessing and Stanley Knight fountains, I'll try to find them and see what they have. I believe most of those had a freezer section for the ice cream and a refrigerated section for the syrup pumps. I've never heard of the brand you have.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:40:16 am by stuntpilot » Logged
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2014, 07:09:50 pm »

Stuntpilot,  thanks for the follow up.  I may have a few more questions for you, but if I do I will start another thread.  Thanks for all of your help.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: