SMC Discussion Areas
April 20, 2024, 12:20:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: help me with my dole citation  (Read 18153 times)
mshore

« on: July 24, 2014, 09:15:14 pm »

I have a dole citation I want to use . I don't understand how it works,does anyone have one they use.any help would be appreciated. Thanks Mike
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:23:09 pm by mshore » Logged
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 08:01:57 am »

Hi Mike,
      What do you need to know? I just looked at your slideshow you posted about the fountain.
I've never owned a Citation but most of the older fountains work on the same principle.

mshore

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »

Thanks for the reply. Would like to know about hooking it up to a carbonator ,and anything you would share .
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:54:56 am »

Mike,
     It looks to me like the carbonator is already hooked up minus the CO2 line, the line is there, it is just not connected to the CO2 inlet fitting on the carb. (round cylindrical stainless fitting in the picture with a 1/4" flare fitting.)

Although I could probably get that carb to run, talking you thru rebuilding it would be tougher, it would be in your best interest to buy a used one on E-bay for around $100. The only problems with the carb would be the pump, and the check valves, the pump is the brass part connected to the front of the motor with the round red circle, it will be frozen in place and not functioning, you can remove the clamp holding it on and remove it if you wish, there will be a keyway that connects to the motor that allows it to turn and pump water. These a readily available and could be easily replaced, the check valves are a different story
     Your bigger problem though is the lack of a compressor to cool the cabinet for the syrup jars and cool the carbonated water for the draft arms, without proper cooling you can not make a decent soda that will maintain carbonation, so a compressor will be a must. The Citation cools itself by putting ice into the top of the machine, so if all you want is the Citation working you could skip the cooling part.
     I would guess that the Citation will work fine, although it might leak a bit, nothing a few o-rings won't fix. All that you would have to do is insert the float into the white plastic syrup tank and add syrup, get a CO2 tank and regulator and fire up the carb and pour yourself a drink. Don't do this unless the carbonator is connected and pressurized otherwise your syrup will just go thru the valve and drain on the floor.
     Is there anything remaining of the compressor system? Evap coils, condenser, fan?
     My guess is if your lucky enough to find a refrigeration guy to install you a cooling system you could get this thing operational if that's your goal.
     If you want to learn how to disassemble the valve and clean it I can go thru that with you also.
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:23:47 pm »

Stuntpilot,

I think there might be some confusion here as I think the slideshow you are referring to is mine (http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,19580.0.html).   That said, if that is the case you have started to answer some of my questions already  Cool .  So I don't confuse things I do have a few updates on your question about the compressor.  My I PM you with those or possibly start a new thread?   Thanks, Nick

mshore

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 12:35:20 pm »

thanks Nick yes it was a little confusion all that I have is the dole citation no carbonated or nothing just want to find out how it works and what I need to do
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 12:44:39 pm »

Yep, no problem.  If you post some pictures Stuntpilot is the man on dispensers and I am sure he will be able to help you.   Make sure to take some pictures inside the tank and the underside where the connections are. 
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 04:59:37 am »

Oh My!!   That one went right over my head. darn  Didn't even bother to look at the name. biggrin
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 05:10:56 am »

mshore,
      Sorry about the confusion, if you read this thread it should answer any questions you might have in regards to getting this operational, or just learning how it works.
 It's a different dispenser but the same principles apply. The dispensing valve is the same for both machines. I did make one error in my post at the bottom of page 2, you do need the special fitting to connect the soda line to the dispenser which is available in Chicago.

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,17412.0.html
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 05:15:35 am by stuntpilot » Logged
SodaShopNick
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 07:59:29 pm »

Hi Stuntpilot,

Thanks for the response.  I have actually read that link before, but am going to go through it a little closer this time and will let you know if I have any questions.  I have been in contact with Phil at American Soda and he has been very helpful.  In regards to the soda line needing a special fitting I am a bit confused.  Are you referring to a soda shutoff that you just screw in the screw and it pinches the rubber insert and shuts off the flow as you mention in the link you provided?  Is something that would have normally come with the dispenser?

In regards to the compressor, it is gone.  There are several lines that leave the refrigerator and lead under the sink, but I just don't which is which yet.  I would imagine one of these if for the compressor, but it is not like a soda machine (what I am used to) as being a sealed unit as all these lines all have connectors on them.   The odd thing, again I am thinking in reference to a soda machine, when I look inside the refrigerator I don't see any sort of evaporator or coils.  There are a a lot of copper lines and I think what is called a heat extractor (name Phil game me) that cools the carbonated water.  I don't see anything that looks like it has been removed or cut.  I still have a lot to learn and study on this, but any thoughts you would have would be appreciated.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: