SMC Discussion Areas
June 02, 2024, 07:38:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: we6 stuff  (Read 2419 times)
Charlotte1

« on: July 21, 2014, 08:51:27 pm »

Hello Again
Put water in the we6 and no leaks!!!! Plugged it in after new wiring, agitator motor and so far so good. My newbie/dumb question.....Does the machine have a thermostat? Theres an electrical box/unit that theres a screw that moves a rod that has a bigger spring on it. Is this the control? which way do I turn (compress the spring or uncoil) to set the unit?
When the unit is up and running properly, does it run continuously or does it start and stop like a conventional unit?
Thanks Everyone 
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 09:19:25 pm »

They have what I think is called a pressure t-stat.  I believe it's adjusted by a screw driver.  If your looking for a conventional style I don't believe they had them

Charlotte1

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 09:34:50 pm »

Ok. Well that would explain the lack of temp knob. There is that screw thats attached to that spring thing. That must have something to do with it.
Thanks
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 09:37:14 pm »

Pretty sure the agitator ran all of the time. May have been a float valve on there to shut the system down if water was too low. Don't know, mine is gutted.
My copy of the WE-6 manual is on a dead computer. Paging Tom...
Get a chance would like to see pics.
Thanks!
Creighton
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 12:17:08 am »

I sent you a PM.  I have the service manual for this machine at one time I restored a WD-10.

According to the manual there are (2) models; an early and late models they both have different style boxes for adjusting the t-stat.  If you can post a picture of the back of the machine with the rear grill cover removed I would probably be able to identify which model you have.

Early Models:

Cut In:  34 1/2
Cut Off: 37 1/2

This temp. gives you an average of 36 degrees. On an early version one complete turn of the adjustment screw (flathead) "clockwise" raises the temp. 2 degrees.  There are a few model numbers that don't apply so you would need to check your serial tag on the compressor.

Later Models:

The procedure is pretty much the same concept but the box looks a little bit different.

Jared
Charlotte1

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 10:01:08 am »

Thanks again Jared
I'll check the pm and see if I can get a picture going
Shayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: