SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 04:10:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VMC Pepsi 81 Finished.  (Read 4769 times)
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« on: June 10, 2014, 07:44:21 am »

Finally finished the VMC Pepsi 81 that I bought from John at the Chicago show. This one will go to a local guy here that has a huge John Deere collection. Not sure how that blue is going to go with his green.  tounge He is also buying an Eco air meter from me that I just finished. It's amazing how you restore something to keep for yourself and that seems to be what everyone wants to buy.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 08:47:30 am »

Careful.. he may read this and want it JD green and yellow! Looks awesome!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
pinballdude
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 09:58:50 am »

Just curious...how many different shades of Pepsi Blue are used in the round top machines? I ask because this is lighter than the 81 in your avatar. And that shade seems lighter than the blue used on the Pepsi one in Walters' book.
PS: I'm not too bright when it comes to this, what's the box by your user name called?
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 10:11:05 am »

Just curious...how many different shades of Pepsi Blue are used in the round top machines? I ask because this is lighter than the 81 in your avatar. And that shade seems lighter than the blue used on the Pepsi one in Walters' book.
PS: I'm not too bright when it comes to this, what's the box by your user name called?

This blue is a little darker than the picture makes it look due to the flash. You can use whatever color you like. I try to find a spot on the original machine that I am restoring and take it to a paint shop and have them do a proctor. Which is taking a picture of the paint and matching it.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2014, 10:30:59 am »

Blue is an extremely difficult color to accurately capture in photographs.  Lighting really can change the appearance.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 09:11:56 pm »

Great looking machine.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 10:02:04 pm »

I need a Pepsi 81 now

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2014, 08:47:29 am »

Nice work!  happydrinkers I would love a Pepsi 81 but my wife's family bottled Coca Cola for 4 generations so that is not going to happen!

drinking Tim drinking
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2014, 08:57:20 am »

So Tim, this RC 81 I was going to send you is ..............out of the question? 

Glen
davestar

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 11:24:10 am »

Wow, I love the blue and white style with the embossed red Pepsi.  Really sharp.

==================
Dave
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: