SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 06:21:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SMC Concerns for Change: PLEASE READ ! ! !  (Read 53928 times)
Ben
5 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 06:04:04 pm »

I've been on or lurking around this site for about a year now, and it is the best place on the net for all aspects of soda machine collecting and restoration. I think there is a place for all enthusiasts on this forum, whether they be collectors, restorers, or someone wanting to flip for a profit, as long as the focus stays on the love of the machines.  I'm not sure what category I fall into. I have four machines now (none of which cost big bucks) and I hope to restore them all just for the joy of it.  I take great pleasure in looking through the archives and watching posts to see how you guys transform beat up machines into works of art. If I can come close to what I've seen here, I will be happy.

So, yes everyone should have a voice here, however there have been several times when I have felt embarrassed by the bickering. It's kind of like email, think before you type, once you hit post it is there to stay. Members should be able to monitor their own behavior.  The site is too cool to run the risk of losing access.

-ben
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 06:43:46 am »

Welcome to the sight Ben. Glad you enjoy the sight and glad you have the bug like most of us. I liked your post, and it is good to see it from a newbies point of view. Thanks for your comment and hope to hear more from you on the sight.
Rod

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Andy Jones

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 04:49:25 pm »

I, too have lurked quietly here looking for information after having a machine dropped in my lap (the Canteen Cig. Machine)... Then, while at an auction looking for something completely different, I wound up bringing home my "orphan" Vendo HA56E... I saw it there, didn't know if it worked or was even complete, but the little nagging "gotta have it ! gotta have it!" bug was relentless...I got it for $150...it turned out to be complete and functional, other than a bad board in the coin mech... Now I've found myself looking for something to really dig into and restore, as well as a decent cooler with nice patina to use out on my (covered) patio as is. It's all thanks to what I have seen on this board. The enthusiasm you folks have for these beautiful pieces of history is contagious. The talent and patience it takes to restore one of these machines is extraordinary, and I love the fact that not only do you know the mechanics of the particular brands of machine, but also take the time to learn the history of the various companies. I've always had a love for history and things old, particularly mechanical and / or electrical.
sodaman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 04:42:17 pm »

Kinda looks like I have picked a time to come in after a few months absence with my health issues to a period where there have been some discord.  I will back this new change 100 per cent!!!   HC

VMC 81:RC, 7UP Pepsi
Jacobs: 26(4), 160, 35, 50, 56 
Quikold RC, Orange Crush, Barqs
General Vending Leader , Master & Midget(THE DALY 32)
American Vendor 124
Guiberson, DP 27 W/stand
VMC 33 7UP, Pepsi 
Mills 45, 47A, 120 W/bottle display
2 Delf Triples VMC 72
70+ soda Venders, 6 Stoner
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 07:31:45 pm »

Glad you are feeling better!

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 08:50:19 pm »

Glad you are feeling better!

Glad to hear as well!!

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
crackerman_don
25 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2017, 07:29:17 pm »

Jim I here what your saying hope everybody does also this is supposed to be a fun hobby not a place to complain all the time we all know who not to deal with and like you said do your home work before doing business with someone you don't know . Thanks again for all you do and for everyone here that helps us all.

Don

Vendo-39
Vendo-27a
Vendo-56
7 up VMC-33
Popperette
Vendo 27
Vendo 44
Pepsi Gullwing
Minut pop
Seeburg W
You'll Like popcorn
Glasscock Counter Top
Popcorn Sez
RC kid
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 12:06:56 pm »

I'm just voicing my support for Jim. This site is a valuable resource and I'd like very much for it to remain so.

Thank you Jim for all your hard work.
kdog
5 Cent Member

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 05:51:26 am »

Gday from Australia,

as a new member to the forums, but having visited as a guest before, I love it.  I have been a vintage Coke machine enthusiast for years, adoring from afar.  Finally after 6 years of searching for a Coke machine like the one from my childhood, I found one.

Now that I have found one, you have to have a site like this where people who have been there and done that are willing to offer advice freely with enthusiasm, especially when you do not live in the U.S.  Here in Australia, retired coke machines aren't as plentiful, and as a result there are no dedicated restoration servicse here either, only parallel trades that can offer work on machines, or enthusiasts like yourselves.

I will never have anything resembling a Rick Dale restored Coke machine, but I am trying to clean up my still working machine, and make sure it won't break down anytime soon.  There is no was that could happen if sites like this didn't exist.

Great work Jim.
ajf5577
Soda Jerks

Andy

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 08:12:20 am »

Thanks for the reminder Jim. This site is a valuable forum for many of us, and we all appreciate it.

VMC 7up 81
VMC Pepsi 33
Coke 81
Pepsi CV 78D
Vendo Milk Machine
Whistle Quikold
Whistle S&S
Cleo Cola Quikold
Stoner Gum Wheel
Looking for Picnic Coolers
Wanted- Superior Jr Orange Crush and Grapette
Starr X Openers