SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 06:54:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavilier C-55-D Restoration.  (Read 3795 times)
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« on: February 08, 2014, 08:17:47 am »

Finally started this week.

Stripped the machine down, bagged and tagged all the parts and took lots of pics. Will post some, need to resize first.

Sent the upper evaporator coil off to Texas yesterday to Eric at Global Compressors to be married to a new compressor and condenser system.

Hopefully dropping the body off for soda blasting today.

Organizing the parts that need to go for powder coating.

Next on the list is to source out a good place to rechrome the outer door parts.

It may be a small machine, still lots to do. lol

After researching and seeing the help the members on here offer. I feel as this is my first restoration. I just might be able to do this .............

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Westinghouse WB126-B6-D (daily driver)
Vendo 39
Jeffmon
25 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 09:09:37 pm »

Sarman47, who do you use for chrome plating ? My plating guy is only about 2 hours from your place, if you don't mind paying a little extra, they are by far the best around these parts... let me know if you're looking for a plating shop, I'll give you the contact info !
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 09:38:39 pm »

Always lots of lessons learned on the first resto, the C55 is a good one to start with, looking forward to seeing the progress!

Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 12:21:59 pm »

Sarman47, who do you use for chrome plating ? My plating guy is only about 2 hours from your place, if you don't mind paying a little extra, they are by far the best around these parts... let me know if you're looking for a plating shop, I'll give you the contact info !

Hi Jeffmon

No one yet. I have been reading some discussions on the topic. Sound like the quality and price can very.

Need to clean the main door parts first and see if I will need to replace.

I will be I touch if I do.

Thank You

Jeff

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Vendo 39
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 12:24:31 pm »

Always lots of lessons learned on the first resto, the C55 is a good one to start with, looking forward to seeing the progress!

Yes tkas

Starting with a small machine is good. I will try to update (with pictures) as I progress. Just this thing called work, always seems to get in the way.

Jeff

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Vendo 39
Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 05:43:11 pm »

Update

Well I dropped off the body, door, coin door and all the little stuffs to be soda blasted this afternoon. This guy does a lot of classic car stuff, so I think (hope) he will do a good job.

UPS informed me Eric at Global Compressors received my upper evaporator coil yesterday.

Next up is breaker strips and new rubber gaskets for liner and main door. Will check with Soda Jerks Works and Fun-Tronics for them and other odds and ends.

Next week is powder coating the liner, rack, cap catcher, coin box, locking bar, coin return lever and any other galvanized parts.

Going to shine up the chrome this weekend to see what is in need of redoing. If needed I will ask Jeffmon for his chrome plating contact.

The big hurdle will be to find someone local to paint.

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Vendo 39
globalcompressors
Soda Jerks

Global Compressors (Eric)

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 06:26:11 pm »

UPS informed me Eric at Global Compressors received my upper evaporator coil yesterday.

Yup... got it. Got you in the queue.... I'll be in touch!

how's that OBAMA CARE workin' out for ya?
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 10:55:26 pm »

Be careful of powder-coating parts like the locking bar as it may not fit due to extra thickness from the powder-coating. Parts like that I'll usually zinc plate...

My six cents,

Jim

Sarman47
25 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 07:52:00 am »

Hi Jim

Good to know.

I think I will post a list of the parts to be powder coated on here, before I drop them off.

Will research the archives here as well, there is a great wealth of information on this site from your members who have completed such excellent restorations to so many machines.

Thank you

Jeff

Cavalier C1-55D
Cavalier C2-55E    
Vendo 39
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: