SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 05:48:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another one of my unusual projects  (Read 1899 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: January 20, 2014, 09:01:51 pm »

Thought I would post a picture of something I've been working on. Decided to make an RC garbage truck. Pretty much I've had the toy garbage truck since I was in second grade and the wheels were lost a long time ago. I always had the idea that I would find some new ones but never did and it got lost in the garage until recently so I bought a traxxas 1/16 slash and modified the garbage truck body to fit and built this. Now I just need to make another bracket for the flashing orange light in the back and figure out where to get the decals remade since they are pretty bad looking (still not too bad considering I spent a couple summers playing with that truck in the drive way. It could fly pretty good if you pushed it fast enough up the curb  biggrin )

And here is a video my brother took of it running http://youtu.be/IypXTV__VEM
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:54:07 pm »

Nice. I came across my old RC stuff from the early 90s cleaning up the other day.

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 10:34:08 pm »

Back in the late 80's they would meet up at the local Kmart parking lot and set up a track for the RC race cars. I would just sit and watch in fascination at how fast those cars were going around that make shift track. Now the ones you buy in Kmart go that fast. glare

~ Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: