SMC Discussion Areas
July 02, 2024, 04:18:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Packing the tree away  (Read 2448 times)
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« on: January 09, 2014, 04:24:48 am »

Here is a new method for packing away the Christmas Tree.. I was almost tempted to try this..biggrin laugh Oo

~ Bryan
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 08:59:17 pm »

Putting mine away this weekend and I am very tempted to try that.  laugh

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:58:13 pm »

That pic reminds me of a christmas about 10 yrs ago.  We just had our 4th child so we had a newborn and 3 others under five in the house.  A couple months before we had moved back to our hometown and I was opening a new office for our company and working riduculous hours trying to make a go of it.  Between those two major life events, there just was no time for a typical Christmas.  It was Dec 23 and we had no tree yet.  My wife was distraught and christmas was going to be a disaster.  Then Kmart ran an ad with a clearance on pre-lit trees and I decided to go over straight from work and find one.  Well no surprise, the selection on Dec 23 is pretty picked over, especially with a clearance sale going on all day before I got there.  So I asked one of the clerks what they were going to do with the dispay trees.  He goes to get the manager who has no idea.  They had a corporate group go from store to store to set them up but they did not know what the plan was to take them down.  I asked if I could buy the big Martha Stewart tree, the only decent one left.  It had been professionally decorated with tons of ornaments, bows, ribbons, some sort of bird theme with funky branches and feathers, etc.  It looked like a christmas card and the idea was for people to buy the ornaments right off the tree.  The manager said she would sell me the tree but it didn't have a box, so in exchange I could take the ornaments on it as well.

So how do you get a decorated tree home?  Just like the picture above!  Out came one of the stock boys with a big saran wrap roll.  We lifted up the branches as far as we could and wrapped it up tight.  I called my father-in-law and he came over with his pickup and we headed home with a surprise.  When we brought it in the door my wife gave me one of those "looks" but we set it up in the corner, ran a scissors up through the saran wrap, and walla!.  The branches flopped down, we plugged in the lights, and dad was a hero for the day.  After the kids went to bed we went through and took all the price tags off the ornaments.  It came to something like $700.  It was the best looking tree we ever had and we still use it today. 

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 04:14:14 pm »

Packed the tree away today. Put everything back in its place instead of shrink wrapping as is. Maybe next year down

mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 04:21:32 pm »

With Christmas starting earlier and earlier every year, soon we will be able just to leave it up year round.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 05:26:21 pm »

Was thinking that too.

Figured throw some Easter eggs, four leaf clovers, hearts, pumpkins and that would carry you right back to Christmas.

Was taking up too much real estate to keep it up all year though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: