SMC Discussion Areas
June 28, 2024, 10:24:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for popcorn machines?  (Read 22628 times)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2013, 07:26:35 pm »

Personally, I like the look (and taste) of the Popperette the best.  The corn was the best I ever had at Larry's in Chicago (thanks Larry!).

The Popmatic is a joke. So there!

OK...just kidding.  I'd be proud to own either!

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2013, 08:20:58 am »

You're welcome Bob.  Stop by anytime.  Maybe I can start a mail order buisness.  laugh

Years ago I chated with one of the relatives of a distributer that handled these machines.  He sent me a picture of his family by the Popmatics back in the day when they sold these.  That picture has popped up numerous times since then.  I don't have the image on this computer but here is a link from 4 years ago.  You can see the picture there.

http://soda-machines.com/discussions/index.php/topic,10390.0.html

This place had a few of them in the rough years ago.  I looked at their site many moons ago and they had pictures of the popmatic and a few other machines.  Now they just have a lame video.  Here's the link.  Their Auto Pop is cool looking.

http://www.wyandotpopcornmus.com/

When I first contacted them trying to find any information on the Popperette (at that time their zero info on the net) they informed me that they didn't know what a Popperette was.  When I sent them pictures they asked me if I wanted to donate my machine.  I asked them if they wanted to donate their Popmatic to me.  Needless to say, neither of us donated anything.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:23:07 am by Larry » Logged

A lot of stuff.
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2013, 09:48:46 am »

For being a Popcorn Museum,, they sure don't have much to show off.. sure some of the early Cretors machines are cool but even in the video the guy doesn't know the difference between a Popcorn Warmer and a Popcorn Maker....

Again, there is more knowledge with this group than anywhere else when it comes to Vintage Vending apparatus's..   Now if we can just figure out how to capitalize on that and all retire! happydrinkers

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2013, 06:14:12 pm »

Heres a u pop it that just showed up on ebay..

Sorry about the link..it doesn't work.. Just go to ebay and type u pop it popcorn machine.. Its got a buy it now price $3500.. A bit pricey!!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:17:43 pm by PopcornShop » Logged
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2013, 06:26:40 pm »

http://www.ebay.com/itm/candy-machine-pop-corn-macine-coin-op-U-POP-IT-POPCORN-MACHINE-/331081611076?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d16007744

There.. I think this link should work.. If anyone is interested..
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 06:28:39 pm by PopcornShop » Logged
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2013, 10:37:46 am »

Well at least the guys said in the description "It's an easy restoration"... so you got that going for you... glare

PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2013, 12:02:12 pm »

Ha ha well he originally was asking 3500.. Now he has up it to 5500.. Oo  I thought the 3500 was a bit pricey..lol..  Also just by looking at the pictures its missing things..unless he has them and they were not on the machine. IMO its a $2000 machine max..and that is if it has all the parts.. But I guess it comes down to what one will pay for it..
cokemachinesandmore
Soda Jerks

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2013, 01:18:38 pm »

I'm curious have u=you seen many of them in the $2000.00 price range.
Or is $2000.00 your personal limit you are setting for yourself?
PopcornShop
10 Cent Member

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2013, 03:48:10 pm »

Most of the machines I have come across have a price range of 1500-3500.. In my experience with these is most people start out high and later come down to a more realistic price.. which tends to fall around the $2000 dollar range give or take.. So I base what I would pay on the machine itself.. How complete it is, if anyone has modified anything, condition of the machine.. I also buy machines that are in very tuff shape..missing parts that type of thing.. Ive restored several of these and enjoy working on them a lot.. One thing about pricing is everyone has there own what they would pay price. So does that mean one cant get prime price for a machine...no..  But again IMO the machine on ebay currently wouldn't fall into the category of getting 5500 .. maybe in time things will come to that price but currently I think its high.. cheers  smile
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2013, 05:30:54 pm »

Most of the machines I have come across have a price range of 1500-3500.. In my experience with these is most people start out high and later come down to a more realistic price.. which tends to fall around the $2000 dollar range give or take.. So I base what I would pay on the machine itself.. How complete it is, if anyone has modified anything, condition of the machine.. I also buy machines that are in very tuff shape..missing parts that type of thing.. Ive restored several of these and enjoy working on them a lot.. One thing about pricing is everyone has there own what they would pay price. So does that mean one cant get prime price for a machine...no..  But again IMO the machine on ebay currently wouldn't fall into the category of getting 5500 .. maybe in time things will come to that price but currently I think its high.. cheers  smile
Very well stated!,,, when it comes to an item like this where there is not a "FUNTRONICS" available to buy the missing pieces from like on a Vendo 81 Soda machine, price really does come down to if it has all it's parts or not..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: