SMC Discussion Areas
April 23, 2024, 10:11:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yet another USS-8-64 vend problem (maybe)  (Read 20076 times)
87bob

Old enough to know better still to young to care!

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2013, 09:18:14 am »

Here is what I have found. I have two separate machines that did the same thing. Both of mine were Coinco acceptors. All coins of any denomination would fall right through to the coin return. I bought another machine when I was cleaning it up I found someone had put duct tape over the slug rejector hole for the quarter. This kept the pin pulled back. I tried it on my other machines and now it accepts any coins I put in it. When the machine get enough money it will vend and if needed give change. I suspect that the slug coils are bad and not pulling back. Since these are for Family use I really don't care, I better not find my family using slugs or  censored Hope this helps good luck.
boss
5 Cent Member

Cautiously Optimistic

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2013, 12:06:14 pm »

Duct tape fixes everything.  I'll try this and see if it works.  I'll also post a picture of my other coin mech.

Fresh, not from concentrate.
boss
5 Cent Member

Cautiously Optimistic

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 02:07:40 am »

here's the original coin mech that came with the machine.  It takes dimes and nothing else.  It does not dispense product.

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 07:37:12 pm »

That's a Coinco S75-9800A, if you pull the slug rejector off on that one, do the CREMs pull in when you apply power to the machine?

boss
5 Cent Member

Cautiously Optimistic

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 01:13:52 pm »

That's a Coinco S75-9800A, if you pull the slug rejector off on that one, do the CREMs pull in when you apply power to the machine?

Yes, the CREMs pull in when the power is on (out when off).

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 07:18:28 pm »

What are the microswitches behind the slug rejector set on (i.e. price)?  Sounds like the switch at the bottom of the stack is working if the CREMs pull in, but the solenoid is still suspect.

boss
5 Cent Member

Cautiously Optimistic

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 09:44:28 pm »

It was set to 50 cents, but I changed it to 5 cents. Same result.

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 03:02:12 pm »

Do you have the capability to measure the voltage on the solenoid at the bottom of the stack?  You can use a multi-meter, 120V test light, or wire a light bulb onto the two terminals.  You should see it energize when the machine sets to vend.  Since the coin mechs are still suspect, have you tried wiring it for free-vend?  There's a good tutorial at the top of the Tutorials section, and you can do it for under $5.

boss
5 Cent Member

Cautiously Optimistic

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2013, 03:07:06 pm »

I don't, but I know someone who can help me with that.  I'll ask him to help me out and I'll let you know.  thanks again for all of your help.

tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2013, 04:37:15 pm »

If you want, PM me your address and I'll send you a push button tester that plugs into the Jones plug.  It's just a coin mech cable I cut off an old mech with the free-play switch wired in.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: