SMC Discussion Areas
April 16, 2024, 02:56:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bottle Door Handle for Vendo, VMC  (Read 6844 times)
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« on: November 02, 2013, 11:44:06 am »

In the past I have been able to re-chrome my bottle door handles and re-use them.  A lot of the time you can't do this because the original handles were thin and hollow and often were rusted so bad they were perforated.  I never really like the replacement sold by Fun-Tronics and Soda Jerk Works, so I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for a replacement that was closer to the original.  After quite a bit of looking I found something that I like and would like to pass it on to other members.  Here is a link to a place that sells it:

http://www.homeclick.com/sugatsune-saz-122-handle/p-332840.aspx?r=sugatsune%20saz-122

There are other places that sell the same handle for the same price.  The handle has the same hole spacing as the original, but takes metric screws (not included).  I found suitable screws at my local hardware store and you shouldn't have any trouble finding them too.  I used M6x10mm pan head stainless steel screws with Allen heads.  The reason I didn't use phillips head screws was because they had a much taller head and I didn't want to risk it bumping on the glass.  The handle is solid instead of hollow, which I consider a plus.  It differs from the original in that it is slightly narrower and slightly shorter, but it is still looks pretty good.

I have passed this information on to both Fun-Tronics and Soda Jerk Works and perhaps they will carry it in the future.

Hope you can use this information.
sjt1803

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 06:24:19 am »

Thank You for doing the research to find that handle.
I too ordered a replacement handle from one of the 2 major parts suppliers. Though their handle will fit the door it is tighter to use since it's rectangular. The handle you found is contoured for your hand and is more close
to the original handle shape. It is solid and heavily chrome plated. This handle should easily out live the originals
used, as they were hollow.

The link in the original message, is no longer valid.

Here is a place you can purchase this superior handle from.

https://www.homedecorhardware.com/sugatsune-saz-122.html

This is much closer to the shape of the original and actually made better.

vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 07:18:27 am »

Thanks for posting an updated link.  Actually, I never purchased the replacement handle that Fun-Tronics and Soda Jerk Works sell because I never liked the looks of it.
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 12:23:49 pm »

You need to look at my web sight a little closer. I offer two different handles for the bottle door. The one is a little cheaper for the restorer wanting to save a little and the handle still looks nice. Then I also offer one that is identical to the original one and is a little higher in price. Part 24AA.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2018, 02:51:39 pm »

Thanks for pointing that out Rod.  When I bought my handles, you only had the 24A style available.  I bought enough at the time that I never needed to order any more.

P.S. Web site not web sight.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 10:44:31 pm »

Thanks for pointing that out Rod.  When I bought my handles, you only had the 24A style available.  I bought enough at the time that I never needed to order any more.

P.S. Web site not web sight.

You “handled “ that nicely .  All he was providing was clarity. To beat down the somantics of grammar is not necessary
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 08:25:42 am »

Somantics???

Jared, do you mean semantics?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 08:30:56 am by vendo81d » Logged
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2018, 11:21:33 am »

Somantics???

Jared, do you mean semantics?

Sure buddy
vendo81d
10 Cent Member

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2018, 11:22:27 am »

Just trying to help!
Funtronics
Soda Jerks

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2018, 08:27:00 am »

biggrin biggrin Everyone smile and be happy.

Rod
Fun-Tronics
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: