SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 03:18:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone dealt with a USPS damage claim?  (Read 8471 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2013, 10:33:01 am »

The claim I filed on line with USPS was paid in about 10 days,,no pictures and no one came by to look at packaging.  Good luck with process.
FASTURN402

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 08:57:56 am »

If it helps at all, our postmaster informed me to use the flat rate boxes whenever possible.
Tellsz me those boxes are all handled by hand while parcel post is dropped from a conveyor.
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 03:20:15 pm »

Priority Mail can actually be cheaper than Parcel Post for smaller packages.
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 04:34:04 pm »

I received two letters from USPS today.  The first one stated that an insurance claim had been opened, that they regretted that my item was damaged and to please retain the damaged article and mailing container.  This was dated 9-13-13. 

The second letter contained a check for the cost of the item only, which was dated 9-16-13.  I thought that they would reimburse the postage as well, but "technically" that part was completed, even though they trashed the item within.  Should I even bother asking USPS if they will compensate the cost of postage? 

I was glad to get most of my money back, and I do still have the damaged changer, so I guess it is all good.

Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2013, 05:24:58 pm »

Earlier in the thread, I mentioned that I asked them about not refunding postage. They basically told me since the package wasn't lost in transit, they wouldn't not refund the shipping. Had it been lost, and not merely arrived damaged, they claim they would have refunded the money. Didn't matter if the item was destroyed, if it made it to its destination, no refund on postage.

What ticks me off is, if you paid for more insurance to try to cover the postage, it's likely they still wouldn't refund it. These are the people who keep raising rates every year or so.  darn

Go ahead and try if you'd like, but be prepared for the same sort of "tough cookies" response I received. Initially they were going to refuse a refund AT ALL, I just happened to have a printed eBay receipt.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:27:01 pm by Pixel » Logged
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 09:06:19 am »

Flippa, Weird they would send you a check before looking at the damaged item but yet they told you to retain damaged item and packaging. Almost as if they are going inspect it. To me if they sent you a check already there's no way they are going to bother looking at it now or take the item back. Most shippers would inspect the package then issue a check and possibly take the item. In this case I think you got yourself a free damaged coin changer.  At least you have parts if you need to repair another. biggrin

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 01:47:56 pm »

I think I just saw a post of someone looking for vendo coin changer part on this site today. Not sure if you want to part it out.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
flippa
25 Cent Member

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 10:21:32 am »

I will inquire about getting refunded for postage when I go to the post office e later this week.  I do not think I will have much luck from what others have told me.  It was kind of funny that I received both the letter & refund on the same day.  I had sent a bunch of pictures to the seller when I notified him, so I imagine that he included these with the claim.  There was not much of a question that it was damaged between the auction and arriving at my house, so the USPS must have just looked at the pictures and processed the claim without having to see the item.

The coin changer is a Standard Coin Changer, not a Vendo.  I would have been furious if this happened to a Vendo coin changer.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: