SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 02:49:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20 amp or 30amp  (Read 32079 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2013, 02:53:31 pm »

The biggest problem is that you have a GFCI breaker, not GFCI receptacles. There has been a lot of problems with the GFCI breakers over the years that why everyone is going to the GFCI receptacles. The GFCI breakers that are used today are for dedicated circuits only, such as hot tubs, whirlpools etc.

Understand and have done a few searches on here and elsewhere to learn more about GFI breakers and receptacles.
Have had a lot going on here in the last few days and while the weather was still good, have been working on a few repairs to the shop building and while involved in that, ran across the metal ID plate which was in the bag the NRI Coin mech. was in the fellow through in with the sale. It is showing, 115v/6amps. Now,,from what I've read,,I'd like to change out the GFI breaker and for the bathrooms, am changing over to GFI receptacles and no GFI receptacle for plug behind machine on the back patio. My question is,,what size breaker should I get to replace the 20amp GFI breaker ? Keep in mind,,the Vendo will still be on this line along with bathrooms but bathrooms will have GFI receptacles.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2013, 07:27:18 am »

My question is,,what size breaker should I get to replace the 20amp GFI breaker ?
Replace the breaker with the same amp rating provided the wire size is rated for the amperage rating.  I do not know any history of the house, so I do not recommend replacing any breaker without knowing the wire size for the circuit!

My six cents,

Jim

Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2013, 08:17:16 am »

Replace the breaker with the same amp rating provided the wire size is rated for the amperage rating.  I do not know any history of the house, so I do not recommend replacing any breaker without knowing the wire size for the circuit!

Back with you on this and thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: