SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 02:31:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: e-bay vent  (Read 7200 times)
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2013, 11:22:57 am »

Look at how this person listed the 7up cooler sale.....
It's not wrong........ just a use of wording I guess...

"7up Soda Pop Machine not Pepsi, Coca Cola, Royal Crown"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7up-Soda-Pop-Machine-not-Pepsi-Coca-Cola-Royal-Crown-/181211497560?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a310c0458#ht_75wt_1398

Reminds me of that Cheers episode with Cliff Claven at Jeopardy..... "who are 3 people who were never in my kitchen

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2013, 12:33:43 pm »

Sort of makes you wonder why the FTC never got involved in this Paypal monopoly?

It's like buying a new Silverado and they force you to go through GMAC.......................... even though you have cash.

Remember when the feds wanted to break-up Microsoft in the 90's? Remember how all that quietly went away, and never came back when people might have thought it would, and Microsoft is now even worse?

Look at their political contributions. The words "Regulatory Capture" come to mind. I'm sure it's the same with PayPal.

eBay has some real nerve. They wanted to claim they were "only a venue", and not responsible for the sales that go on on their service. Yet they want to tell people how they can pay for their purchases.

Incidentally, is that thing with GM requiring financing hypothetical? I wouldn't be the least bit shocked it if were true.
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 04:44:40 pm »

Look at how this person listed the 7up cooler sale.....
It's not wrong........ just a use of wording I guess...

"7up Soda Pop Machine not Pepsi, Coca Cola, Royal Crown"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7up-Soda-Pop-Machine-not-Pepsi-Coca-Cola-Royal-Crown-/181211497560?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a310c0458#ht_75wt_1398

Reminds me of that Cheers episode with Cliff Claven at Jeopardy..... "who are 3 people who were never in my kitchen

So, just as a test I reported it a a search browser manipulation. Key word spamming. Report it also and we will see if they look at it.

Yes, I need a life!

Tim
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 04:55:56 pm »

lol.... this is a Scooby Doo mystery!

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2013, 06:34:49 pm »

Maybe its me but I don't really see anything wrong with using keywords. If I am the seller I want as many people to see my item as possible.

It slows your search down a little but hey so does all the items that are listed for prices way above what they are worth and are listed over and over again in the blind hope that someone someday is going to put the seller out of their misery by buying it.

Maybe you do need a life Tim...
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2013, 06:40:25 pm »

funny... my wife tells me all the time to get a life..... each time I say I'm getting another machine.

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2013, 10:04:23 pm »

It slows your search down a little but hey so does all the items that are listed for prices way above what they are worth and are listed over and over again in the blind hope that someone sucker someday is going to put the seller out of their misery be dumb enough or impatient enough to get ripped off by buying it.

fixed it for you  biggrin
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:06:11 pm by Pixel » Logged
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 07:45:12 pm »

And if anyone cares... It worked. Click the link, it doesn't exist anymore!!!

I thought I saw it resisted in my searches!

Tim
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: