SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 08:10:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Light problems Vendo 90  (Read 3224 times)
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« on: August 26, 2013, 08:13:50 pm »

Ok - New bulbs and the only one that works is the small bulb behind the bezle.  The marquee light and selection door light do not.  I put in a new starter and nothing.. Any ideas

Bob
davestar

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 12:52:18 pm »

Well, I don't have a vendo 90, but I did just trouble shoot my Cavalier 64 for the same thing.  Did you try a volt meter on the supply side, before the ballast and starter to determine if you are getting power to them?  That was my first step, before I changed the bulb.  If you are getting power to the starter and the Ballast, you've changed the bulb and starter, I would change the ballast.

==================
Dave
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 01:52:45 pm »

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMM...on my Vendo 63,,the starter and ballast have nothing to do with the door or coin slot lights which I think is what you were having trouble with,,right ?
davestar

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 02:12:55 pm »

Sorry, I read the marquis light, and the selection door light were the ones he was having trouble with.  On Cav 64s, they are tied into a starter and a ballast, they are fluorescent.    Maybe I misunderstood the question.   What I would say is it is a good idea to check the power going to whatever lights with a volt meter, to try and isolate where the power is and is not getting to. 

Rebel, as you have a Vendo, perhaps you can give better direction?

==================
Dave
Sodak Bob
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 08:57:48 pm »

Yes, I am having troubles with both the marquee light and the door light.  I put a test light on the marquee light and I have power...hmmmmm

Bob
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 08:12:42 am »

you've changed the bulb and starter, I would change the ballast.

Dave is correct. The ballast is the only thing you have not replaced, although a bad ballast usually blows out an new bulb with a bright flash.
When all else fails, get the short undercounter floresent light fixture from home your improvement store.
Has bulb, ballast and starter all in one, for about $25.00. Does not come with light reflector sheild like you have now, so you may have to add tin foil inside the case or paint it white.

Glen
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: