SMC Discussion Areas
April 26, 2024, 03:58:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 7UP square top big coin door....?  (Read 32660 times)
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2013, 09:24:02 pm »

I said it was growing on me....I sure would like a nice "How to..." when it come to using the rustmort....?  I'll search here and on the web...Maybe there is even a nice how to video on youtube....If I find one I'll post the link here....If I don't I'll make one when I'm thru even if it's titled....."How not to use rustmort..."

Thanks Glen for giving that little push I needed to go ahead and get this machine....It just worked out well that this guy really likes Coke stuff in his shop, so the trade worked out great....I got $140 in this one as it sits in my shop.

The door looks solid as does the rest of the machine...Worst rust on it is by the ID plate....Even the liner looks good.....There is one small hole in the catch basin where the screw for the top cooling unit would have been.

I'm just happy to have a new project to work on....

Here are a few pics after I got it home.....It fit nice in the back of my HHR.

Brian
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2013, 10:04:19 pm »

Welcome to the transitional club! And thanks for confirming a machine will fit in my my HHR  Smiley

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2013, 10:09:20 pm »

I like it, glad you picked it up...I was starting to consider the 5 hour drive to get it!  Looks like that will clean up nice, is it embossed?

wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2013, 10:14:47 pm »

Yes embossed on the front....But the sides are not.

Over 179,000 miles on my HHR....It has been a great car too bad GM dropped it from their line-up.

Brian
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 10:36:06 pm by wee » Logged
Alligator

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 10:59:48 pm »

WOW....

Wow is right, that is quite the transformation!
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 07:50:08 am »

A video of your transformation would be great!  First, al lot of that surface will clean with soap and water

The rustmort is made for bodywork, to pull rust to the surface and kill it. On white surfaces you will draw it to the surface and rinse it off.

Best way is to spray it on evenly, scrub on the darker areas while letting the chemical work. Rinse, dry and spray again where needed.

Try out the back first, don't let it run down dry surfaces, make sure it is sprayed evenly then rinsed. Keep a close eye on decals.

I don't know if this will be a winter project, as fast as you have been moving on this thing,it will be ready next weekend.  biggrin

Glen
wee
10 Cent Member

« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 08:07:54 pm »

Well here it sits besides it's big brother in the shed....I had to make room even though it's real small.  What kind of screw driver or bit do I need for these screws, I've never seen any like these....? See 2nd pic.

Brian
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 08:13:54 pm »

It's a 5/32" clutch head screw, you can find the bits at the hardware store, I've had better luck finding them at small stores.

Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 08:17:16 pm »

If you have an Ace hardware they have them... That's a great machine I had one of those....
ST they were the beginning of a new era.... Hope it cleans up well for you!

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 08:47:31 pm »

It's a 5/32" clutch head screw, you can find the bits at the hardware store, I've had better luck finding them at small stores.
If you have a Harbor Freight Tools, they sell a "security bit" set for about ten bucks.  Comes with that clutch-head driver in several sizes plus a lot of other odd bits.  Very handy to have on the shelf in the garage.

Jim

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: