SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 01:47:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 56  (Read 33429 times)
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 10:44:10 pm »

Why would you replace two good fan motors? A good running fan motor will still have some time left on it.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 09:07:40 am »

Hello

I look at it like this. While the unit is apart it is better to replace the most likely problem to come up in the future rather than just put it back together & have a motor go belly up. Plus if I am selling these machines to my friends it would be nothing worse than having something go wrong with it after I sold it. If I was selling & shipping out of state to someone I would never see again I may not worry about a failure down the line. I am a contractor (builder, plumber, Heat/Air) and preventive maintenance to stop future problems is big in my mind. I hope this explains why I would do this.

But the bottom line is selling these things to friends.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 56   Going back together
Vendo 56-C    Waiting for rehab!
Vendo 126  Rough outside but loaded & operational
Vendo 110  Under repair
Ideal 55 -  **For Sale make offer
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Lance Snack Machine - On the job
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 11:09:10 am »

You are right. I didn't relize that that you were selling them. I do remember you saying something about that in the past now.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 11:45:35 am »

Josh

Where is your post about coke paint colors? I think I am going to bite off repainting this V56.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2005, 12:18:24 pm »

I don't know if I had one. I have never used an actual Coke red. I went to a PPG and dupont store once and looked them up and I found that there is a whole bunch of coke red's out there. As you know from looking at different machines Coke often changed its colors through the years. My painter used Dupont NASON paint and the color is Sprint red. It is a good red to use. NASON isn't the best paint in the world but the machine will never see the light of day again so fading won't be a problem. But again it isn't exact. But if you use the 50's coke red that people use on the round tops it won't be correct either. I know you have seen this picture before but this is the Sprint red.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2005, 12:36:40 pm »

Coke paint codes

At first I felt funny linking to another soda machine site, but since Soda-Machines.com is an advertiser here, may as well share the info I've found.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2005, 09:03:16 am »

Jim

Yesterday I removed the coke bottle door to try to figure out the problem with bulge in the backside of the door. The door was coverd with plastic & the door is filled with white styrafoam (SP). So my plan is to remvoe the plastic cover, scrape out the styrafoam, install new insulation & then a new back cover made out of metal. I will paint the metal white to match the rest of the door.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2005, 11:23:43 am »

I have also heard of people cutting out the solid insert on the bottle door to make it a glass door machine. Glass bottle doors were an option on the V56's. Machines like yours without the light up sign and solid bottle doors were named the Thrifty Vend Because of their lack of flashy options. Adding things like a glass door and a lighted sign will only increase the value of the machine when you are ready to sell it. Just an idea.
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2005, 11:41:45 am »

Josh

I had not thought about that but I kind of like the coke battle cap look of the door. Very different than any other that I have seen.

Here is a close up picture.

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Kevin C
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2005, 11:45:41 am »

Hello

Please look at this picture. What could be the cause of the black smoke type stain in the area where the coin changer hangs?  I wiped/cleaned the smoke stains off yesterday.

Could it be the changer over heating? The changer I removed from this machine works & is currently installed on one of my other machines. This appears to be a common problem.

Ideas?

Kevin

Vendo 63-C   On the job
Vendo 110  Under repair
Glasco 55 -  Waiting
Royal 650  On the job
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up