SMC Discussion Areas
April 23, 2024, 03:15:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solenoid Question on Coinco 903030  (Read 2789 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« on: August 21, 2013, 09:10:56 pm »

Ok..haven't had a lot of time to get to the coin mech but have been reading up on it today. Before cleaning in warm soapy water,,I had dropped a few nickels in and after 3 or 4 it would vend but didn't really know what it was set for, as I knew I was loading coin slots, but was okay that it was working. Tonight I took it out and did the warm water cleaning and set for 5 cents. Dropped 20 or so nickels in to load coin slots and loaded one rack with bottles. Dropped in a nickel and went straight through,,same for the next 6 or 8 nickels. Pulled mech back off and noticed both solenoids had activated,,that isn't correct is it ?,,,pulled plug and of course solenoids released. Any clue what I have going on ?

Well after removing and reinstalling,,,all seems to be working fine,,change and all.

I have one question,,,,can someone tell me exactly what the solenoids purpose is . When I plug coin mech in, I hear the solenoids activate and do not release. My only experience with solenoids are install in a few street rods I've built where they are in the doors and operated by remote to open doors after shaving door handles and on those when you push remote, the solenoid activates pulling shaft in to pull cable to door latch but these in machine go in when turned on and they stay in. This isn't correct is it ?

Please explain exactly what these solenoids do and when I plug machine in I can hear them activate and pull in and stay in but coin mech works fine on 5 cents.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 06:03:18 pm by Rebel » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: