SMC Discussion Areas
April 19, 2024, 01:24:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 63 Coin and return panel question  (Read 6435 times)
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« on: August 17, 2013, 10:45:00 am »

Am doing a restoration on a Vendo 63 machine and am curious if anyone has a cure all for the issue I'm having with the aluminum coin drop and return panel. When removing the marquee and panel to prep for painting, the panel is very difficult to remove without scratching paint and of course the re-install is going to have the same problem. The panel has to be put in at an angle and then the other end forced down along the door panel before you can get the sheet metal screw holes to match up to re-install. This of course scrapes the paint on inside of marquee area as you force panel down to line up. Noting is bent causing this, just appears a design flaw. Am I missing something here ? Any help appreciated.
87bob

Old enough to know better still to young to care!

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:22:07 pm »

I have just bought the same machine. My light assembly was tight to remove as well the only suggestion I would try if my case was freshly painted is to use a very thin gauge of sheet plastic and use it as a buffer so the light screen does not touch the paint portion of the door once the sign is in place try to slide it out. Maybe use a little WD-40 on the paint surface it should not hurt the paint and would wipe off easy after reassembly. I would make darn sure the paint was well cured before attempting reassembly. Here are some pictures of my machine.

Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 12:52:38 pm »

Your machine looks great. Thanks for the info. Have completed mine and got the coin panel back in and after a little touch up and taking care of my GFI issue all is good. Thanks again,
87bob

Old enough to know better still to young to care!

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:42:03 pm »

Your machine looks great. Thanks for the info. Have completed mine and got the coin panel back in and after a little touch up and taking care of my GFI issue all is good. Thanks again,

GFI issues? Do tell!
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 10:39:55 pm »

GFI issues? Do tell!

Bad GFI breaker on box,,changed to none GFI and installed GFI receptacles in both bathrooms..no tripping breaker any longer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: