SMC Discussion Areas
October 06, 2024, 12:17:14 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speaker pole  (Read 17268 times)
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2013, 11:48:04 pm »

Job well done there! Congrats.
Creighton
Rebel
25 Cent Member

« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2013, 05:20:34 pm »

Great job. Those disc make a great cook surface on an outside Turkey fryer after plugging the center hole.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2013, 08:45:15 pm »

Tried today at putting the logo from the drive-in that I bought the speakers from on the base but that did not go too well so I just painted over it. Maybe I'll decide to try again sometime  in the future but for now I'm just going to leave it as it is. Too bad I can't find a picture of their sign that's not a photograph. Could take that and print it out on some decal paper and just put a decal on.
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2013, 10:27:11 pm »

Send the image to my email. Should be able to fix it.
Creighton
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2013, 12:16:39 am »

Did not have them wired up yet but I did take the speakers outside to see how they looked with the rest of the setup. I think once they get wired up to light up they should look much better (and once I built a nicer stand to hold the sound equipment). Ended up watching Killer Klowns from Outer Space.

sc1101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2013, 06:43:36 pm »

Killer Klowns. LOL Look out for those cotton candy coccon's. Set up looks really good. The whole neighborhood will be over now.

Siphonmix 5A
Jacobs 56
Surevend P47
Mills 45,47N,65
La Crosse 56
Glascock Countertop
ICY-O Cntrtp Cooler restored
ICY-O 120
Liquid Carbonic Back Bar
1890 Fletcher, 1940 Fischman Fountains
A-8, A-12 Industrial Carton Cooler
Holcomb+Hoke Popcorn
Mengel Wood Cooler
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2013, 12:30:08 am »

Cool, Great job.
Coming along well. Minor progress here as well.
Killer Klowns is right up there with several from the era.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mBVrY2B3zE
Appears to be in Italian but holds true to the original.
Creighton
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 12:42:54 am by Creighton » Logged
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2013, 07:30:00 pm »

Got my light socket for the junction box today and I think I discovered a design flaw with either the socket or the box. It seems that with the socket I got the terminal board in the center casts a shadow so that only half of the dome lights up and it looks really bad. So I plan to leave this one as it is and light the other speaker box that I have. (that one is only a light that lights up the pole so all I need is a low voltage light bulb. No big deal there)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2013, 07:33:49 pm »

Also have some plans for my theater. Since I just got a welder I was thinking about building a screen holder that will look similar to a real drive-in screen with some large letters hanging on the back that say "(what ever I decide to call it) Drive-in" and maybe a lighted sign showing what's playing. Figured it could be done quite easily using some electrical conduit and making it so the screen hooks onto the structure and everything else is hooked up to the structure (if that makes sense. I'll get some drawings made up soon). Also plan on replicating the drive way lights that they have at the drive-in. Figure I could make them out of some pipe fittings and some smaller diameter disk blades.
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2013, 12:58:44 pm »

Got a chance to bring the speakers back to the drive-in. They worked GREAT! Pictures are not the best because the sun was going down pretty quick.

Think I pretty much nailed the height for the pole. Pretty good considering all I had was some pictures of my car and a couple random measurements from an old speaker pole installation drawing I found online

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: