SMC Discussion Areas
May 01, 2024, 11:17:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barq's machines in need or restoring  (Read 5403 times)
« on: January 05, 2005, 11:32:10 pm »

I have a few Barq's rootbeer machines that are in need of restoring. This will be the first time I've ever attempted this and need someone with the skill close to home. I live in Mississippi and would like to have someone from the south to do it. I looked on here and mostly everyone was from TN or KY. Any help would be appreciated and remember if you have any Barq's machines for sell, or even if they aren't for sale, I would like to see pictures of them. If you have any other Barq's stuff I'd be interested in that as well. I have been collecting Barq's for almost 10 years now and just got started in the machines just recently. I am kind of curious to see what's out there. Someone told me they had 6 different kinds but never sent pictures.
thanks,
Robert
barqs19
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 11:51:37 pm »

Here is a picture of one of the machines. I haven't gotten the others. The other two are an ideal slider and a smaller version of this one. This one has 13 slots for bottles, the smaller version has 7.
Robert
barqs19
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 11:04:44 am »

I don't live in the south but I would drive to meet you if you wanted someone to do the work for you. If you havent seen my work go to the photo album section of this site. My machines are under collections and then Josh's collection. My most recent machines are the frosty root beer machine and a Vendo 56. Email me at jdloman2000@yahoo.com if you are interested.
loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 11:05:38 am »

By the way I am in southern Ohio.
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 12:41:05 pm »

Bbrrrrrrrrr...
Too bad you had to move back north...

My six cents,

Jim

loman4ec
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 12:57:02 pm »

It is cold here but it is really nice to be home. This is where I grew up and all of my family and friends are still here. It is worth being in the cold. Now I need to start on a new project. I just bought a nice solid Vendo 110 round top that I am going to pick up this weekend. I will post pics when I get it home.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 01:04:59 am »

Hi believe it or not I plugged it in last night after a friend told me it wouldn't blow a circuit and it started right up, cools and everything. It does need some of the racks for the bottles to sit on, someone made some out of what looks like tin but they dont' work very well, actually not at all.  For some reason I tried the old Barq's bottles and they won't come out but the newer ones work fine. A wonder since it's been sittin up for about 20 years.  As for the other two machines. I am getting a smaller version of this Vendo in the pic above in about a week or two.  I drove to the coast today and picked up a 8ft Barq's machine made by Quickold from Lima OH, never heard of them. I guess it's a Vendo too not sure yet. I will post pics once I unload it.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2005, 07:30:25 am »

You may have to adjust the bottle gate opening...as follows,
to take into account the different diameter of the older bottles

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005, 07:30:25 pm »

Well I took it to a refridgeration place and they said they could fix the 8footer's problems. The motor worked, there just wasn't any Freon 12? A few things had been cut and bent throughout the years. I'm suppose to get it back this week. When I get it I will post pictures.
Robert
barqs19
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: