SMC Discussion Areas
September 28, 2024, 06:28:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kennedy Tool Box  (Read 2212 times)
scalebowler
Soda Jerks

« on: June 30, 2013, 08:10:50 pm »

Just wanted to share some pictures of the tool box that I bought to use at work. Thing was in kind of rough shape when I bought it (thought it was just dirty until I cleaned it up and saw all the missing paint) but I stripped the bottom down to bare metal and rolled on some brown hammertone paint, lined the drawers with some outdoor carpet and am having a piece of steel laser cut at work that we are going to bolt to the bottom to prevent the wheels from pushing themselves up into the base of the box (happend with the previous owner so his solution was to just "put bigger ones on"  glare ) The wire basket on the side is something I found at an antique store and from what I found out it came from an old refrigerator. Just need to machine a small bracket to mount it to the side (want something permanent that will prevent someone from picking it up and walking off with it) and the cup holder in the back is an old chrome cup holder from some of those curved Brunswick red and white bowling seats. Just took some mirror hangers from the hardware store, enlarged the holes and then turned them into hangers. Might or might not get rid of the drink holder. All depends on how I feel when I take it into work or if I can get a 20 ounce bottle to fit in it.

When I bought it

After with basket and cup holder (cup holder is in the back)

Re lined drawers

Side showing drink basket and drink holder

Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 01:47:30 am »

That came out great.
Creighton
msanborn
25 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 02:35:09 am »

real nice