SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 01:24:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 bezels  (Read 7112 times)
morgan1965

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2020, 11:05:33 am »

Years ago I faced this exact issue.  At the time it seemed the options were pop rivet (yuck) or small phillips/slotted machine screw (also yuck).  I stumbled onto a place called Totally Stainless.  They sell exactly what we need: small threaded screws with unslotted rivet heads (truss head for V-81A/B coin return cup and V-39 coins entry bezel, round head for VMC-27/33/72 bottle chute bezel).  They're stainless so they polish up great, look original, and make installation a breeze (especially compared to the solid shaft rivet/speed nut design used on the VMC bottle chute bezels).  I've been using them for years.  Here are a couple screen shots from their catalog (pages 118 and 121).  I have seen other head styles and sizes at other specialty nut and bolt places.  A google search of "unslotted screws", "slotless screws", or "threaded rivets" should do it.
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2020, 02:18:46 pm »

wow
Thank you for your post Morgan1965! A greatly appreciated source. I'll let you know how it turns out. One web page for them said they were shut down for COVID. 

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Previous "resturbished"  - New Refurbishment in process
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
Zerbie
10 Cent Member

Bob

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 04:11:11 pm »

Hi Morgan,

So I ordered a package of slotless stainless fasteners thru a Hot Rod Site because Totally Stainless was closed due to COVID. The smallest 6-32 that came in my assortment package are slightly over sized for Vendo 81B coin return bezel (so I'll order the 4-32 when Totally Stainless re-opens. But the good news is that I was able to use the 10-32 fasteners on my Jacobs 56 to bring it back to it's original look. The person who restored my Jacobs 56 chose some flat head phillips screws and then covered the plastic light bezel with a piece of plastic chrome. It looked OK and hid the screw heads for the most part. But I was on a mission to find exactly what provided in your note. Here are some pics.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:16:55 pm by Zerbie » Logged

Jacobs 56 Restored
Vendo 81D Previous "resturbished"  - New Refurbishment in process
Vendo 81B - restoration in process
VMC Pepsi 81 - in line for restoration
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: