SMC Discussion Areas
April 28, 2024, 09:44:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vendo 81 lamp surround ?  (Read 3063 times)
« on: December 24, 2004, 01:02:17 am »

Can one add a lamp surround to a Vendo 81D if it does not already have one?  The bottle rack has the hole at the top of the stack for the switch....Just wanted to know if it's possible....Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 09:45:26 am »

Well there about three ways to get a lighted bottle door into a machine that didn't have one, first is to get an insert ( the stainless steel rectangular liner that forms the walls of the bottledoor) that has one from a "doner" parts machine. ($$)

second is have your insert cut & custom fit with an opening to put a light assembly into it ($$$)

Third is what I've done & is a bit of a compromise. I remove the bottle rack & fit a fluorescent lamp assembly into the space between the space of the left side of the sidewall of the liner. one of those light sticks they sell for under kitchen cabinets, it's about 1-1/8" thick & 24" long & has a remote mounted transformer that will reach down to the bottom of the compressor area. it provides an indirect light that looks nice & you don't have to cutup you machines bottledoor liner.

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 12:25:15 pm »

A Vendo 81D without a bottle door light?  Has anyone else run across one of these?    New to me!!!

Glen
Jim
Administrator
Soda Jerks

#1 Soda Jerk!

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 07:42:07 pm »

I was actually thinking the same thing...
Hotrod39, can you post a photo...?

My six cents,

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: