SMC Discussion Areas
October 05, 2024, 09:26:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Share a Can of Coke  (Read 3846 times)
mllaugh3
5 Cent Member

« on: June 11, 2013, 01:47:16 pm »

Check this out.  Pretty cool.

http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/coke-for-2-sharing-can-doubles-the-happiness

Mike

Mike

Vendo 81D
VMC 139
Few square tops
LaCrosse 7-up
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »

That is the coolest thing I have seen in a LONG TIME!!!

THANKS for sharing that!!!!

WHY THE $$$#(* didnt I invent that!!!! lol

What I like about that is how many of us open up a can, and as we watch TV, or fall asleep watchin TV (lol) we only drank half the can... or if we just need half a can for a mixed drink.... or if you JUST want half worth of a coke..... IT's ENDLESS the reasons why this is great!!

I know they make half sizes... but in my area a 6 pcak of half sizes costs the same as a 6 pack of regular size!!!
Anyone know if this will actually go into production here?
I know when I travel to Europe.. they have smaller skinny cans (kinda like a small Red Bull can) and I love that!!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
HowDueYouDue
Soda Jerks

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 04:44:06 pm »

"What I like about that is how many of us open up a can, and as we watch TV, or fall asleep watchin TV (lol) we only drank half the can..."

I wonder how long before the beer companies catch on to help reduce the number of "floaters" left lying around after a good night  drinking

I dreamed I had a good job and I got well paid.
I blew it all at the penny arcade.

-Eric Clapton & B.B. King
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 02:30:15 pm »

Those small cans have been around for a long time with little sucess.
I wonder why it took so long to come up with the idea of wraping 2 of them together so they now could be sold in vending machines?

Brilliant!

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 02:43:43 pm »

So if you want the whole can of Coke, you'd have to break them down and open the lower one separately?

While I hate wasting a half can of coke because I don't want all of it it, I can see them thinking this is a good excuse to either charge an extra quarter a can, or sell the cans in two 5 fl oz "half cans" together for the same price as a single 12 fl oz can.   down

You can bet if they start selling them here they'll mark up the unit price for such packaging.  darn

EDIT: I saw the "Hug Me" machine in that video. That's the one that gives free Coca Cola if you hug it, isn't it? That's what I'd like to see here.  Like they would ever do that.  laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

On second thoughts, the videos of some people interacting with the machine might look like a Carl's Jr. commerical.  Oo
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 02:48:16 pm by Pixel » Logged
sbcroix

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 02:50:48 pm »

That is cool!

I wonder if I will ever see them.  Would be perfect for me and my Kid.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 03:42:51 pm »

I never thought of that.... combining 2 flavours in one can!

I like Coke, my wife likes Root Beer.
One purchase... 2 flavours!

I'm sure they would charge more at the start... but at the same time, if Pepsi doesnt do this same can, Coke can't price it too much higher to make people buy Pepsi.

Just sayin

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 05:33:30 pm »

Good point........maybe Coke and Diet Coke?

Glen
Pixel
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 07:22:42 pm »

Around here, Coca-Cola tends to cost noticeably more than Pepsi anyway, so I don't suppose that would concern them too much.

I bet they would put the screws to consumers using this to sell "variety paks". I can see it now, $4.99 for an 8 pack of 8 ounce "cans". Each one 4 fluid ounces of Coke, 4 of the normally cheaper Grape Fanta.

Come to think of it, they might be esctatic about something like that.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 07:25:45 pm by Pixel » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: