SMC Discussion Areas
March 28, 2024, 05:26:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Westinghouse Master Wet Bath Thermostat Adjustment  (Read 6235 times)
Coca Cola Machine Man

« on: June 10, 2013, 05:30:55 pm »

Hi, I have a Westinghouse Master Wet Bath Cooler.   I know there  is a screw on top of a box at the front of the motor unit.  Is this the thermostat?  Which way is cooler and which way is hotter?  Right now the unit is just cooling until a block of ice forms around the agitator cover, is this normal?  When it reaches the right temp, should the agitator always keep running ?  Or should it shut off with the motor?   I know its a lot of questions, but appreciate anyones help and expertise...Thanks
sodahere
10 Cent Member

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:49:52 pm »

I should be filled with water to the water level >I think it is about 8 inches it will ice up if not filled .
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 06:55:28 pm »

All water bath refrigeration I've ever worked on the agitator runs continuous.

If you have ice forming around the agitator to the point it freezes over you have a problem with the compressor not shutting off.

Show us some pics
Coca Cola Machine Man

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 06:56:00 pm »

Hi, it is filled with water.  It has a half inch layer of ice around the agitator cover
Coca Cola Machine Man

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 07:01:30 pm »

Is it not shutting off because the thermostat screw needs to be adjusted?  It is a screw with a plate that is up against a spring....I am just not sure which way to turn the screw to lower or raise the thermostat shut of temperature
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 07:40:00 pm »

Is it possible for you to remove the cover and take some pictures of the freezing. My agitator is wired to shut off when the compressor shuts off.

~ Bryan
Blind1968
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 07:19:03 pm »

For the older One full turn to the right will raise the cut-in /cut out temp 2 deg, to the left will lower the temp 2 deg. Factory cut-in/cut-out setting is typicaly 34 1/2 - 37 1/2 degrees.

~ Bryan
Coca Cola Machine Man

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:25 pm »

Thanks, I will give that a try !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: