SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 04:57:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dole Super value?  (Read 42217 times)
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 09:56:30 am »

Thanks stuntpilot, appreciate all your help here. This is going to be fun.

I purchased everything you posted. I can get a CO2 tank at a place that specializes in kegerators near my house. I'll go to Sam's or Costco for the syrup. I'm thinking I can have everything ready for install by next Friday.

I bought some Food Grade Sanitizer to clean out the syrup tank in the dispenser. Do you have any other suggestions for cleaning the dispenser or should this be enough?

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 04:32:08 pm »

I'm going to go thru the removal of the valve mechanism over the phone with you so you can see the inner workings of this valve, it's actually quite simple.

You will want to replace all the internal O-rings before you make an attempt at pressuring this piece up.

Any good sanitizer will be fine for the syrup tank, a mild bleach solution and scouring pad to shine it up.
When you remove the valve you see the area that really needs the cleaning
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 04:52:45 pm »

I'm going to go thru the removal of the valve mechanism over the phone with you so you can see the inner workings of this valve, it's actually quite simple.

You will want to replace all the internal O-rings before you make an attempt at pressuring this piece up.

Any good sanitizer will be fine for the syrup tank, a mild bleach solution and scouring pad to shine it up.
When you remove the valve you see the area that really needs the cleaning

Thanks stuntpilot. I'll post as soon as I've got everything and then we can rock n roll.

Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 11:10:05 pm »

Now that's an old piece!  Does that have a hole on the bottom and the lever allows it to open?
If it does I think I can tell you what it is. biggrin

Not much use for this machine.

Does not have a hole in the bottom, the pin on the back of the lever goes all the way through and the lever rotates 180° from straight up to straight down.  It has a piece of  1/4" metal tubong connected to it that connects to one screwed end.  That end has a couple internal gaskets and a very small hole to allow fluid to enter the piece.  If it can't help Kaleid then I guess it doesn't really matter what it is, but it appears to be some sort of a shut off.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2013, 03:56:38 am »

Brian,
I think your right that it is just a simple shutoff.
I think you have a different machine and it was mounted inside the ice bin and was an earlier version of what I showed.
Does the machine you took apart look like the one I have on my avatar or the picture with the round handle?  The Dole Deluxe.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:27:47 am by stuntpilot » Logged
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2013, 05:36:47 am »

If your going to buy Bag-in-the-box syrup you will need one of these for Coke products,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIB-BAG-IN-BOX-TAP-VALVE-FOR-COKE-SYRUPS-EZ-TAP-QUICK-CONNECT-DISPENSING-/321127233613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac4acb84d

Or one of these for Pepsi products,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIB-BAG-IN-BOX-TAP-VALVE-FOR-PEPSI-GREEN-EZ-TAP-QUICK-CONNECT-DISPENSING-/221228223400?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33823acba8

I should probably warn you that syrup does not come out of those bags easily without a pump, even with these devices.
I can tell you how to do it manually if you like, but one wrong move and you have a big mess.
Or you could buy the few pieces and set up a pump.

I would wait to buy syrup until your sure the machine will hold water pressure. hopefull
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2013, 03:14:14 pm »

Would it be better to just buy the regularly packaged syrup instead of the bag in the box or does it really matter?

Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2013, 10:37:20 pm »

Brian,
I think your right that it is just a simple shutoff.
I think you have a different machine and it was mounted inside the ice bin and was an earlier version of what I showed.
Does the machine you took apart look like the one I have on my avatar or the picture with the round handle?  The Dole Deluxe.

The round handle was in my bag of parts so it must be the Deluxe.  The machine is rough but the Coke Medalion on the back is in really nice shape.  I need to put all the external pieces back on it and display it.  Liner looks like its stainless, so it would make a cool ice bucket for the bar.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 04:34:01 am »

Would it be better to just buy the regularly packaged syrup instead of the bag in the box or does it really matter?

Not sure what you mean by regularly packaged syrup, but if they still sell 1 gallon jugs that is the way to go.
We don't have a Costco so I'm not familiar with what they sell, I thought Sam's only had BIB's.
stuntpilot
10 Cent Member

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2013, 04:36:49 am »

The round handle was in my bag of parts so it must be the Deluxe.  The machine is rough but the Coke Medalion on the back is in really nice shape.  I need to put all the external pieces back on it and display it.  Liner looks like its stainless, so it would make a cool ice bucket for the bar.

Do you have the mounting base for it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: