SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 12:29:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Value Of StyleStar Marquee Light-Up Sign for Cavalier CSS-64G??  (Read 7360 times)
pmartin

« on: April 26, 2013, 01:21:28 am »

Can anyone let me know from experience the realistic value of a Marquee Light-Up Sign for Cavalier CSS-64G StyleStar? The lens is the 3D StyleStar with rear housing that includes working ballast and florescent bulb). The condition is good after some clean-up (no cracks some minor scratches and a little yellowing due to age) but overall in good condition. This is the size that goes in a pre-wired Cavalier CSS-64G. I want to replace the standard metal sign, but certainly don't want to over pay!! Thanks
cola62
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:03:30 am »

The lens alone in good shape goes for around $125 when they come up on ebay. So for everything I would say around $200.

Greg
pmartin

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:13:55 am »

Thanks cola62, Good useful info.

I understand that 3D Stylestar Lens is unique. So you would place the housing value at about $75 which seems reasonable to me. I'm new to this collection/restoration world and very very excited but I feel $300-$350 (from what I thought to be a very reputable vendor) for this item is very unreasonable fleecing/gouging and a complete turn-off for a newbie like me. The Square Top's are rising in value but...not that fast...to put that much percentage of my budget into one part.
Am I way off-base with this thought process?
Any other opinions on this topic from the forum are welcome. Thanks again.
tkaz
Soda Jerks

tkaz

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:18:15 am »

Are you saying that just the marquee and housing is $300, or the entire machine for that price? 

pmartin

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:13:07 am »

tkaz..Just the Lens and Housing for (Quote " I could not take less than $300"), Can you believe that!!  More than I paid for the whole machine, granted machine needs some work but that the fun of it all. I just need you guys and (gayls) to confirm that I am not crazy help...
MoonDawg
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:41 am »

I often buy a 64 just for it's original 3D marquee. I don't sell them separate, I install in my machines and they sell twice as fast as the machines with the flat plexi, which of course is easily reproduced.
       Therefore, I too would not want to part with a 3D unless someone was willing to pay $300+

Maybe you could install the flat panel for now and keep watching E-bay until you find the right one?

Glen
pmartin

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 11:51:46 am »

MoonDawg..I really respect your experience, opinion and suggestion. A local restorer suggested basically the same thing "just buy a SquareTop CSS-64G (or similar) with a StyleStar 3D Light-up or at least the light housing already included for maybe a few hundred dollars more (or maybe less) and part out the whole unit and save some dough on buying other parts for the unit". I think I know what I am hunting this weekend Cool
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 12:20:50 pm »

Like this one?

This one has been listed around me (PA) for quite a while at $800, but it is fully functional.  Way too much for me personally, but that StyleStar logo is pretty cool.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/atq/3703480727.html

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 12:34:48 pm »

If it'd been listed for awhile, cas hmay talk. If not, be polite, leave your contact information with the seller. I've gotten calls for stuff I looked at the seller wasn't able to  find a buyer for at his price

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: