SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 08:30:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca Cola Vending Machine Value????  (Read 52097 times)
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »

Good detective work Glen. I thought I was a good detective when I found it on CL.

There is nothing wrong to admit in making a bad investment. I've made a few in machines, cars, women, etc. Who cares. Take your lumps and move on. I also never try to be a expert in something I know nothing about. If someone tells me something I don't want to hear then shame on me for asking.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2013, 05:53:46 pm »

Well I say all's fair in love & war, buy low & sell high...PS his " rebuilt" compressor area looked like poo. He's fibbing basically, he stated the condenser fan motor had been replaced, it is clearly an original under-slung mounted unit. ( unless he "replaced" it with another used motor...)  so there's my two-cent deposit anyway...

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
Eric
Soda Jerks

« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2013, 06:21:32 pm »

Please delete thread and let's move on...

Eric

WANTED:
Embossed Quikold Standard
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2013, 06:28:53 pm »

Jim's call on deleting the thread.
Creighton
collecture
Soda Jerks

Tom

« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2013, 07:52:04 pm »

I say just leave it as the discussion will die soon anyway.
Besides people doing a search for machine values will find it and realize that they should not sink a bunch of money into a machine that will be a difficult sell instead of finding out after the fact.
People need to see the real side of restoration and not just the televised side!

Cav 27, 33, CS-55E-2, 72
S-48 DP
Ideal CC 35, Barq's 55
1930s DP Counter Cooler
Vendo Coin Changers (ea. style - orig w/ stand)
Vendo Junior (rest.), 23 Deluxe, 39D, 44, 56RT, 80SS, 81A (orig), 81D, 6 C.V.
VMC 27, 27A, 81D DP, 110 DP
Westy WC-42-T, WC-44SK, WD-5(2), WB60
Victor C-14
BrianS
Soda Jerks

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2013, 08:29:53 pm »

I went back and reread the posts from the start.  In general, the opinions given were not given with animosity or attitude.  The values were probably low (I think you could expect to get somone to pop for more than $400 just for the "shiny old coke machine" aspect).  But this whole thing really comes down to a matter of common courtesy.  If you ask someone for their opinion, then be prepared for them to give it to you.  Nobody showed much animosity until the "20 out of 22 post were worthless" response.  Jeez, do a little research.  In 10 minutes on the site you can find a dozen different threads on V-83s.  People offered what they would give for the machine, don't like it, then ignore it.  There is no other place with more knowledge base than this site.  Sure most here like to buy low, that's not a bad thing, this is not a retail site.  Splitting the site is rediculous.  These kind of debates seem to always come up when a new guy asks about the value of something he wants to sell.  How about limiting opinions to when someone asks about something they want to buy.  Not opposed to deleting the thread - there is not much of any value other than for anyone else who is thinking about sinking a couple grand into a 83.

Brian

Vendo 56 - restored
Vendo 81 - in progress
Vendo 39 - in the rough
Rockola 1428 - Original
1959 Williams Pinch Hitter
Wurlitzer 1400
1930 Koken Barber Pole
vintage-air
10 Cent Member

Restoring America...1 machine at a time!

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2013, 09:11:16 pm »

Guys, everybody chill out. Don't sweat the small stuff i say. We've all been in his shoes. Overpaid for a machine and felt duped when we found out the value. Not a big deal in the big picture of life. Win some, lose some. It's all part of the hobby. We have Obamacare to worry about!

Peace out!

RC-81
Pepsi -81
Coca Cola 81-D's
Vendo 39's
Vendo 44's
WD-12's
WH5-T
Westinghouse Junior
Victor 3 door cooler
Lots of picnic coolers... RC, Grapette, Coca Cola, Pepsi, Orange Crush
johnieG
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

This is fine...everythings going to be OK....

« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2013, 09:30:18 pm »

In my opinion, I belive that the majority of the replies were honest & just because someone didn't like what they heard (or were expecting to hear?) doesn't disqualify the thread. I also see he's luking in on the discussion as an anon guest.

Every machine has a buyer somewere, but Sorry to say, yeah, it's still just a V-83   tounge
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 09:35:35 pm by johnieG » Logged

Spoon-feeding Newbies since 2001...Wink
Yeah..220,221 whatever it takes.
Remember, all it needs is a shot of Freon!
The Vendo V-83 is the '59 Edsel of the coke machine world. ;p
Spray painting does NOT restore a compressor
11 is louder than 10...
"Hope" is good, but it's not an action plan.
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2013, 09:32:26 pm »

Well although I was the one who gave the 400 value on the machine, I need to defend myself, as I know for almost a fact that no one here would buy a 83 for anything more than 400, and to say that 400 was a low value is just pumping this guys delusion of retiring off the sale of this machine.

It is what it is.  Yes, someone somewhere might pay 4 figures for that machine, but someone somewhere also bought swamp land in Florida at one time or another.  An 83 does have some plus sides... it's red... it has round corners, and it's Coca Cola.  After that it doesnt have that much going for it.

Like some have said here, any new person that asks for a value of a machine, I'm not going to waste my time with a reply, other than to direct them to the search function.  Once I see that they are in this for a hobby by having more posts or value to the board, and not to see if they scored at an auction to simply flip a machine (and if this was his best score out of 200 machines to pick from, then I think that alone speaks for itself) then I will assist where I can.

What I should have done with my first reply, was tell him what his machine will NOT sell for,  although with all his Ebay listings that have expired, I think he at least knows he can't get for it.

Every post on this thread was helpful except for one..... the first one at the top asking the value of the machine.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
cohammer
Soda Jerks

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2013, 11:09:50 pm »

Some time you get what you deserve because you think you are smarter than the whole room. I am glad every body is honest with their post . Over the last five years I have been on this site I have learned a lot. It is funny how you can follow an item and figure if some body is fishing, trolling or just plain lying. At this point I am sure I will see this machine again under his buddy's name to save embarrassment.

Ideal 35 RC
v 23 deluxe
v 39
c 96
c 55 e
C 51 g
C 72
C96
V 27
Westinghouse JR ice chest
Westinghouse standard ice chest
Westinghouse master ice chest