SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 11:08:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coca Cola Vending Machine Value????  (Read 52102 times)
Slider-Bob
Soda Jerks

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2013, 07:37:56 am »

I second what the others said...

I think you should go back and buy some of the other 200 machines he had.  There has to be some real collectable ones in that bunch!

« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 08:20:20 am by Slider-Bob » Logged

Restored Coke 81D
Restored Pepsi, 7up VMC 81
Restored Popperette
Restored Wayne 60
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2013, 08:01:21 am »

I have been collecting and restoring round tops for 15 years and this is not a collectable machine.  $500 tops and the I would walk away from it at that price.  Just because you spend $1500 on a restoration, by no means does it make the value of the machine $1500 or more.

Just my .02

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2013, 08:15:40 am »

I understand as well, as to what you may have paid for it, what the restoration costs..etc....

It would be like saying a Chrysler 1986 K car in rough shape goes for 100, but the cost to restore it is 4000, so then the value of the car MUST be at least 4100 after restoration.
All that car would be is a 100 car with a nice restoration... then the market dictates what the value is.  And with a 1986 K car, such as a Vendo 83, there is no market for it.

Not to say like others have said here that there isn't a buyer out there that just HAS to have this machine, as is willing to pay the cost of resto etc.... but at this time they are hard to come by.

Well, you can't take the cost of a resto, which most of it is labor, and add that to the "value" of the machine / car. Like cars, there are collectable vending  machines, and no so collectable machines.  Getting one that you like is the key, and if you like it don't worry about what it's value is.

If you're asking the value because you want to flip a machine like this.... well, good luck with that.  Getting a 83 for free is still tough to make a profit to flip it once you figure your gas, time maybe a trailer just to get the machine.

Welcome to the board though!
 happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2013, 08:51:57 am »

I think that what everyone has said is very valid, within a collecting community.

However, I still believe that there will be a market out there for this machine. And that the market
(normal members of the public who don't realise that there are so many variants of machine) will pay
more than most people here.

I think that the seller will have to be a bit clever about how and where he presents his machine.
An antique fair where there is only one coke machine for sale is going to be better than a show like
Chicagoland where there is an abundance and better models to boot.

Chin up and be productive. You may break even or make a profit but you'll have to work for it.
There isn't going to be a stampede here to buy it though.. 

Dave 
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2013, 09:15:31 am »

I agree with Dave, there is an ass for every seat.  The average person does not know a vendo 83 from an 81 as long as it is shiny and old they will buy it.  I would post it on the local craigslist, eventually someone there will pay for it.
Slapshot42
Soda Jerks

Jared

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 09:45:38 am »

I wouldn't take one for free!
Kaleid20
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 09:47:32 am »

Word of advice, you might as well get the vinyl decals for the lettering. If you want to sell it don't blow the $200 or more to get the pinstriping done. Just get the decals throw them on there and it will still look great. The sort of person who would pay alot for this machine wont know or care about the difference.

http://www.fun-tronicsllc.com/index.php?crn=318&rn=1243&action=show_detail
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 10:05:46 am by Kaleid20 » Logged

Vendo 81D, 56, 44, 23 standard
Westy WE-6, WD-5, WH-5T
Cavalier 51, 72, C-12
Victor C-18
Dr Pepper Vendo 90
Dole Super Dispenser
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2013, 07:29:40 pm »

I have passed on many 83's some in very nice original shape.  Just too big and a single brand machine.  I hear they make good smokers though!

drinking Tim drinking
MaineT
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2013, 09:42:24 pm »

Ok, ask a bunch of hard core Chevy guys what they think of the new dodge and your going to get the same BS responses you got here.

There are several different markets, you just asked the collector market.... And got honest, yet brutal, OPINIONS of value from a group of collectors that don't want to pay anywhere close to market value. (Only sell there!!)  These are the guys that value hunt and chase for the deals as much as collecting.

I knew a guy that dumpped about $15000 into an AMC bobcat... He will never see all of it back, but you know, although we all think he has gone (crazy) overboard, he still gets offers WAY above reality for it... Right buyers, right time...

The 83 has sold to non collectors ( read not us obsessive crazy ass sob's) at decent prices, probably the same reason someone wants a mid-70's brown box slider.... Because it can be cool and decorative. Not us crazy guys with 10, 20... Ahem... 50, 100 machines!!!

And if moondog has a warehouse full for free, ill be there monday with a trailer! 

Tim
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2013, 10:30:56 pm »

Too late for Moondawgs, already went to the scrap heavens.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C