SMC Discussion Areas
June 30, 2024, 12:57:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am new to this site but still LOVE 81D's...  (Read 7985 times)
Marrazzo

« on: April 18, 2013, 06:56:07 pm »

I am basically new to this entire community of restoring vintage coolers and machines but I absolutely love how everyone on this site and anyone I speak to is sooooo helpfull.

Vendo 81D... Is it a tough restoration, compared to most? I'm asking just to roughly find out how long or how quickly an experienced restorer could turn out a complete 81D. Looking at "Funtronics" website it appears that they have most of the parts required to do this restoration, so in theory I wouldn't be hunting around for spare parts.

Just looking for some feedback on everyone's experiences while restoring their 81D's, since I personally believe it is a must have as my first machine in my collection.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from everyone...
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:22:39 pm by Marrazzo » Logged
mygoose101
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:17:05 pm »

For your first machine you couldn't have picked a better one for sure. The D is a little harder then both the A and B but only because of the larger coin mech. Do you already have the machine and just looking for someone to restore it or do you need both? I'm asking because if you need both I would buy one already done. With the cost of a machine added to a restoration cost from a good restorer you are going to be in it about $6,500 or so. Also most good restorers are backed up so you will have a wait time as well.

Vendo 81A Original
Vendo 81B Original
Vendo 81D Restored
Vendo 56 Restored
VMC Pepsi 81 Restoredx2
Cavalier 72
Ideal Embossed Coke Slider
Stoner Theater Restored
Stoner Theater w/Gum Wheel Restored
Stoner Jr. Restored
Seeburg V200 Jukebox Restored
Seeburg 100C
Seeburg 100R
Seeburg 100W
Marrazzo

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »

Nope, I don't have an 81D so I would need a restorer to find me one first also.
As for the wait I could care less, it is well worth the wait to have such a great peice.
I have been leaning toward the way Antquities Vending restores the 81's I like the extra chrome they use rather then painted red, it gives it a sharp look for a resto. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have an unrestored survivor but can't have it all...
Thanks for the info.
jholmgren
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 08:35:35 am »

Where are you located?

Embossed Coke Ideal 55 Slider
VMC-44
Vendo V-80 
Westinghouse WE-6
Marrazzo

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:04:24 am »

Hi, I am in Canada.
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 10:34:21 am »

There are several members here form Canada, and will chime in. Welcome to the boards.
As i understand,   bringing a machine into Canada isn't that big of a deal, as their are  agreements in place between the two giverments. Paperwork yes, large fees and wait times, no.

and don't apologize for wanting an 81D.  Sounds like you've done your research

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
georgescustompaint
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:52 pm »

Not sure where in Canada you are located, but we are in Lindsay Ontario and buy/sell/restore machines.
I have a few unrestored  81's in stock.
Thanks Shane

Marrazzo

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 09:58:35 pm »

Well I ordered my 81D with With Antquities vending in NC.
I loved the look of their 81D restoration, with the extra chrome and think it would be a fantastic first peice to my collection.

I also found an old cooler from a friends barn that I'm going to attempt to redo the body work and paint myself...

I'm very excited to be apart of this comunity, I have spoken to Jim as well and he is a great guy for organizing this website for us all to benifit from.
Marrazzo

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 04:16:21 pm »

I recently received my photos of the 81D from Alan Huffman, It looks like it is great shape and all complete!
I'm very excited to see how its going to turn out, so I thought I would post the photos.
Marrazzo

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 04:24:57 pm »

Here are a few more!!!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: