SMC Discussion Areas
June 17, 2024, 01:05:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Long week but a good score  (Read 19144 times)
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

Those Who Stay Will be Champions!

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 11:19:42 am »

That was a great score but you have to have spent a lot on gas to round up that deal.

One of the nice things about having a company vehicle and a business reason to be in the area of a find is that it is work related travel.  happydrinkers I could not do this otherwise.  The last thing that I do before I leave on a business trip is check the local CL and see what is out there.  I just got lucky on this one because I found it early and the seller was willing to pull the ad.  Otherwise, it would be sitting in someone else's garage at this point.

drinking Tim drinking
BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 11:30:17 am »

Huh?  I sleep with the fishies!?? oh

Brian... it wasn't me Tim was referring to... at least I hope not! lol.  I don't have a stoner, never loked at or for one,  nor a real interest in getting one unless it were free.
No clue about "leaving the country"  but it's easy to blame Canada lol.  (and me for that matter as I'm one of a few Canucks here lol)

Nice pick up Tim!  I like road trips that bring in a haul other than shoes that my wife gets on her road trips lol.

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
kbareit
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 01:44:53 pm »

If I knew you'd be in Akron I would have tried to meet up and treat you to lunch. I'm 45 mins from Akron.

Cavalier 27
Jacobs 26
Ideal 55 Hires root beer, 7-Up restored
Ideal 55 Pepsi, Barqs original
Double cola,Squirt,Nesbitts,Canada Dry on deck
3 Westy 60's
3 Westy 78's
Cav 72 original
S&S 1400 WD2 Pepsi
Stoner Junior
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »

If I knew you'd be in Akron I would have tried to meet up and treat you to lunch. I'm 45 mins from Akron.

Ken,

If I had had the time I would have let you know.  I had to do a training session in Canton that took a couple housr more than I expected it would and then I had to high-tail it down to Baltimore because the seller was waiting at his business after hours for me.  I'll let you know the next time I get down that way.

Ed,

My Godfather joke (ala the Michigan Mafia) was a little confusing.  I was ripping off a line from the movie and altered it to talk about Stoners instead of Michael trying to get back from Italy!

We don't want any problems with the Canadian's either--otherwise you might stop sending us Labatt Blue!

drinking Tim drinking
 drinking Tim drinking
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 02:47:03 pm »

The Stoner is in place in the Home Theater Room.  It fits rather nicely between two Michigan posters (what else).  Now I just have to get out to the store and get some old school candy for it.

I am thinking:

Milk Duds
Junior Mints
Sugar Babies
Chuckles
Jawbreakers or Lemonheads

A few more pictures.

drinking Tim drinking
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 02:54:37 pm »

A nice find. congrats!

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
Roadman
25 Cent Member

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 03:13:44 pm »

wow, very nice Tim!  Great buy. I've only seen one other photo of a Junior with a gum wheel, Curtis did a restoration. Any board members know of others?  This model is probably as rare as your  early grade 1941 Stoner Theate
mznb1u
Soda Jerks

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 04:01:34 pm »

wow, very nice Tim!  Great buy. I've only seen one other photo of a Junior with a gum wheel, Curtis did a restoration. Any board members know of others?  This model is probably as rare as your  early grade 1941 Stoner Theate

Thanks Roadman!  I have only seen five of them over the past 5 years and I am fortunate to own two of them.  I know of two other members who have one and I saw the one that Curtis did--I think that was for Jeff Wolfe.

Here is a shot of my other one.  Still needs new vend glass, a pull and a new locks.  The previous owner found this machine in the trash and her boyfriend who worked at a bump shop cleaned it up and repainted it for her.

drinking Tim drinking
Creighton
Global Moderator
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 04:32:12 pm »

Great score!!
Am I correct that a "Bump Shop" be an auto body repair? Never saw the term.
Thanks!
Creighton

BONOVOX
Soda Jerks

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 05:25:55 pm »

Looks great in the man cave!
Kinda looks like Pepsi blue though lol

If I ever were to get a stoner, that would be a good one to get because of it's narrow size.

Ahh... godfather ref.  It flew right over my head....
When I read Brians reaply to it, I immedietly started to think in my head "what did I do the past few months with CL posts of stoners" 

Phew... last thing I needed was the Mafia of Michigan pouring a new concrete floor in my garage!

happydrinkers

I HAVE A PROBLEM.....
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: