SMC Discussion Areas
May 23, 2024, 02:26:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy stopping by  (Read 2827 times)
TNBandit

« on: January 24, 2013, 07:48:50 am »

Hey guys. Found this place while searching for info about a Dr Pepper soda machine I just picked up. Looks like a great place to hang out. I am a beginning collector just picking up a few things to clutter up my new garage. I have a Selectivend Dr Pepper machine, a Westinghouse WD-10 Coke cooler that's completely gutted and a vintage GE fridge. Looking forward to poking around in here.
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 08:55:17 am »

Welcome and feel free to poke around.  A lot of friendly and helpful people here.  As stated by just about everyone to a new guy, the hobby is addictive.  Pretty soon you can join the club of bringing machines into the house, instead of the garage, and getting that certain look from the wife. biggrin

A lot of stuff.
TNBandit

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:24:41 am »

Welcome and feel free to poke around.  A lot of friendly and helpful people here.  As stated by just about everyone to a new guy, the hobby is addictive.  Pretty soon you can join the club of bringing machines into the house, instead of the garage, and getting that certain look from the wife. biggrin
Clearly you don't know my wife... But the good news is I'm in the process of building a 30x40 garage complete with a lift to hold all my "junk"
davethebirdman
Soda Jerks

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 11:21:55 am »

Wow a lift. My garage is probably the size of your lift. Would love all that space.

Welcome to the site. We have a broad interest in most things vintage from Gas Pumps to Vending
and of course love Soda Machines. We love pictures too.

I saw your post on the DP machine which is easily salvageable, having seen some of the wrecks that the
guys here have bought back to life but it might cost you a few pennies.

All our wifes started off with that sort of stance but eventually you wear them down. You know you have won when they point something out on the TV  or say "That would look nice in your room."

Dave
TNBandit

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 12:41:10 pm »

Wow a lift. My garage is probably the size of your lift. Would love all that space.

Welcome to the site. We have a broad interest in most things vintage from Gas Pumps to Vending
and of course love Soda Machines. We love pictures too.

I saw your post on the DP machine which is easily salvageable, having seen some of the wrecks that the
guys here have bought back to life but it might cost you a few pennies.

All our wifes started off with that sort of stance but eventually you wear them down. You know you have won when they point something out on the TV  or say "That would look nice in your room."

Dave
LOL  It didn't hurt my case any when she wanted her own little space. We bought a 10x16 storage barn and I wired it and built lofts on each end and turned it into her new sewing studio. Gas pumps too huh ? Here's a quickie I did last Summer. Didn't want to spend much on it since it's too "new" to be worth much but it fits nicely with the early 60s Texaco theme I'm shooting for when my garage is up & running. It was a real low budget job. Had the grey porcelain scanned at the local auto body sullpy store & had them mix up the proper color and put it into spray cans. Gutted out the pump & motor to make it lighter and easy to move around. It was also missing the Sky Chief sign which I found at a local auction. Replaced 1 piece of broken glass & called it done. I have maybe a total of $200 invested. The only other thing I might do is make it light up and buy a repro hose for it. It's an A.O. Smith model 483 from the early 60s. Paid $50 for it a few years ago when I lived in NH and hauled it down here to Tennessee last year when we moved.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 12:42:57 pm by TNBandit » Logged
jbrooks
Soda Jerks

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:11:14 pm »

welcome to the site, it really is a great group of guys and super knowledgeable and willing to help
GreginNM
Soda Jerks

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 05:58:15 pm »

Welcome aboard!  Sounds like you have a few nice pieces.  We love pictures!

Greg

Vendo: 39B, Standard
Jacobs: 35
Ideal: 35 DP
Westinghouse: WB-66-MD, WD-10, Junior, Standard
SelectiVend: S-48 DP x 2
SelVend: S-47 7up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: