SMC Discussion Areas
April 27, 2024, 12:43:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for Juke Restorers  (Read 14648 times)
SIGNGUY
Soda Jerks

Collector of Ol Smoothie Rootbeer

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 02:33:06 pm »

Yes what Larry said, there are plenty of Project Jukeboxes available... some for amazing prices...

Soda Machine Enthusiast since 1996!
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 02:50:51 pm »

i've laid jukes down on their back, after making sure any transport bolts are   tightened down, the tonearm  is secured, and I remove the tubes

Will it fit in  your miniv an? Possibly. There are  numerous jukebox collector websites that give  the dimensions of the boxes, you can  check the measurements against your van. Remove the records ( yeah, you would think it's a no brainer) don't leave the keys in the locks,  etc

And yes, If I could go, the show next week would be a place to look.  Good luck.

"Restored they go for $6-7,000!!"
Member : Michigan Mafia
bcharlton
Soda Jerks

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 04:09:14 pm »

I agree with Larry.  Also, by going to a show, you can see a ton of jukeboxes  at differect prices and condition.  If you end up with a Seeburg 100 series, I can help you with the project.

Brian

bcexpress

Vendo 39 Original
Cavalier C-51 Restored
Cavalier C-96 Restored (almost done)
GE Double Chiller Restored
Cavalier C-33 7 Up Restored
Vendo 27b Pepsi
Vendo 81b
Westinghouse wd-5 / WE-6
3 Stoner Candy/Theatre/Junior/180
Bastian Blessing Bobtail soda fountain
Jacobs 56 Pepsi
Jacko1070
10 Cent Member

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 05:15:57 pm »

Not to hijack the thread, but I have also been considering taking a leap into the juke pool..........

Any thoughts on this one?

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/atq/3700460192.html
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 08:17:55 pm »

Wurlitzer 2400 1960

The top castings had a nasty habit of breaking.  I personally like the backlit  front playing  record mech, looks great  if you put in a colored disk. Price is good,  but not sure what "temperamental" means   Side pictures  would be nice.

SLIDER
10 Cent Member

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2013, 02:42:29 am »

I have to agree with everyone else......Patience, There are GREAT deals out there.  I just picked up my Jukebox a month ago 51 Wurlitzer 1400 for $300 Only thing missing was 3 tubes which I was able to find on ebay with no problem. Got her all lite up and playing records already.  Just one week after that I got a lead on a real nice old pinball machine, ended up coming home with two of them again, it was a deal of lifetime!!  drinking   It all started with my old car. oh smile Then oil cans, and displays, smile then came the signs. tounge..those awful wonderful old signs you just cannot live with out, then came the big dog!  THE GAS PUMP RESTO, jawdrop and of course the globe, then it finally came the ol Ideal 55 slider happydrinkers last summer when i discovered this board. Then the old penny scale, and the lubster, then this incredible popcorn machine i fell completly in love with!!  santa also brought a Du grainger tab gum machine.  Now the Jukebox, and now the two pinball machines     help    When does it stop   when does it go away       Oo
Hey if your in Milwaukee, im just North of you here in West Bend. I drove 5.5 hours to Michigan for the Juke, and 3.5 hours to Lacroose for the pinballs.. Any help you need im 20 minutes away!  Good luck on your search. There is a real nice Wurlitzer 1400 like mine on Ebay now. Current bid was $250  but its in PENN.

S & S 700 Royal Crown Chest
 Ideal 55 slider 7 Up
Silver King Hot nut vendor
Tokheim 39 "highboy" GULF NO-NOX gas pump
Watling penny Scale
 Popcorn sez machine
 Du Grainer candy bar & Gum Machine
 Wurlitzer 1400 Jukebox and wall box
 Exhibit Mystery PinBall
 Bally Gayetey Bingo
National
Larry
Grady
Soda Jerks

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 06:13:02 am »

It's an addiction.  Good thing we can't shoot these machines into our veins.  Talk about clogged arteries.

I'm at the point where I ran out of room and I have an overflow problem.  I would love a Seeburg 100 or 200.  I just will have to sell something off one day......wonder what I can get for the wife? oops

A lot of stuff.
Aahgo

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 07:57:16 am »

Thanks guys.  I am planning on going to the show.  I usually hit the spring show every year but I go on Saturdays to get inside.  My impressions are the stuff inside is too pricey, and on Saturdays the outside stuff seems pretty picked over.  I have picked up a good pinball deal here and there. Maybe I'll think about doing the Friday thing if I can get off work.

The other problem I have with the show is, being a Juke noob, I'm a little afraid of being taken advantage of.  Is there a top ten list of things to look for?

Slider, I'm in Hartford, so even closer.  I'm mostly pins, some neons, one soda machine, and now trying for the juke.  Hopefully it stops there....
Kilroy
Soda Jerks

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 11:00:59 am »

Depends on what you are looking for.  The  jukes of the 1930's and 40's are very ornate, art deco,  but  only play 78's.  Personally, Big Band is a  favorite of mine, so it's  a not a kill factor.
Most people prefer   the jukes of the 50's and early 60's. Lots of chrome , lots of style. And the visible record mech is a plus factor. Drawback, stero wasn't introduced until 1960. Records will still play,
Later  jukes don't have the  looks  in my opinion,  but if you are more concerned about having   a lot of music  than  good lucks, late 60's up to the 1980's can be had for a few hundred  dollars.

SLIDER
10 Cent Member

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 03:14:30 pm »

I agree 100% Kilroy,  Love BIG BAND also.  Set the 1400 up for 78s and have began the original 78 Big Band record hunt (should be fun)

First find was Moonlight Serenade by Glenn!  Had to be!

S & S 700 Royal Crown Chest
 Ideal 55 slider 7 Up
Silver King Hot nut vendor
Tokheim 39 "highboy" GULF NO-NOX gas pump
Watling penny Scale
 Popcorn sez machine
 Du Grainer candy bar & Gum Machine
 Wurlitzer 1400 Jukebox and wall box
 Exhibit Mystery PinBall
 Bally Gayetey Bingo
National
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up